The Student Room Group

A-level choices for Biomedical Science!

Hi guys,I need HELP! Pls HELP!I'm thinking of doing maths, biology, chemistry, german and critical thinking for A-level. Is that the right choice for wanting to study biomedical science?pls help :smile:
Take maths
Original post by Scienceyes
Hi guys,I need HELP! Pls HELP!I'm thinking of doing maths, biology, chemistry, german and critical thinking for A-level. Is that the right choice for wanting to study biomedical science?pls help :smile:

What's your career plan?I think ur choices are fine but germ en just seems odd
Reply 4
Original post by Uz25
What's your career plan?I think ur choices are fine but germ en just seems odd

I thought A Level Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics should be sufficient for biomedical sciences at university. I don't think they care much about the remaining A Level choices.
Original post by flibber
I thought A Level Biology, Chemistry and Mathematics should be sufficient for biomedical sciences at university. I don't think they care much about the remaining A Level choices.

Yh I b suppose
Reply 6
Oh ok that's fine thank you
Reply 7
Biology and chemistry are a must.
Reply 8
Exactly what I took, I'm now a 2nd year biomedical science student.
Your choices are perfect :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Snoopop

Once you have completed your degree what choices for employment do you have or are you going to do a phD or what?
Original post by Snoopop

What's your career plan ?
These are fine.
Math is a must, drop your weakest subject in your final year, but not Math. A language is useful regardless, you’ll find yourself with more opportunities to collaborate internationally if you progress into research, but it’s not essential. Most countries research in English, because most international conferences are in English.

I work in biomechanics, kind of similar but more physics focussed.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Chris2892
These are fine.
Math is a must, drop your weakest subject in your final year, but not Math. A language is useful regardless, you’ll find yourself with more opportunities to collaborate internationally if you progress into research, but it’s not essential. Most countries research in English, because most international conferences are in English.

I work in biomechanics, kind of similar but more physics focussed.

Something tells me they may already know what A-Levels they need for their course considering this was 4 years ago :smile:
Original post by Treetop321
Something tells me they may already know what A-Levels they need for their course considering this was 4 years ago :smile:

Haha!
TSR and their top listed discussions have done it to me again!
They really should start archiving these :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest