The Student Room Group

Ladies: Perfect Waist Size of Your Ideal Man

Poll

LADIES: Perfect Waist Size of Your Ideal Man?

Ladies, what is the perfect waist size of your ideal man?

Scroll to see replies

Keep in mind that a person's waist is proportional to height, no matter what physical condition a person is in. So, ladies, if you're ideal man is over 6', chances are his waist size will be larger than 30-32 inches, even if they are lower than 10% body fat..
Yeah, my waist size is about 34 and I'm just over 6' (15 years old) and I'm not fat or anything. (Boy)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haven't even considered waist size in men- is it a thing? I don't carry a measuring tape with me whenever I meet a bloke. Having said that, my ideal man would be over 6 foot so guess it would fall into the 30+ inches.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
pahahaha as if any women ever think about this though
Original post by phoenixsilver
Yeah, my waist size is about 34 and I'm just over 6' (15 years old) and I'm not fat or anything. (Boy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly. These women need a course in human anatomy. Poll after poll cites British women saying their ideal height for a man is around 6' 1". But at the same time when polled about a man's ideal waist size they often say 30" or 32". It is nearly physically impossible for a 6' 1" man to have a 30 inch waist. And 32 inches at the waist would make him look anaemic. He'd be a toothpick. A 6' 1" man with a 32 inch waist is a concentration camp survivor.
Original post by pmprin

^^
Original post by pmprin

Don't kid yourself, they sure do think about the size of a man's waist. Countless psychological studies have shown women are more attracted to men with a slender waist coupled with a strong chest and broad shoulders than any other shape of man.

University researchers have even found exact proportions linked to a proven mathematical formula. According to the research, women most prefer a man who's shoulder circumference (as measured with a tailor's tape around the shoulders at about the same level as your arm pits) is 1.618 x a man's waist size (as measured around his navel at his 'true waist', NOT at the top of the hip bone where most guys wear their trousers). Since doctor's claim a man is most healthy if his true waist is about .45% - .46% of his height in inches, then you can see through maths what the 'ideal' man is built like in the eye's of most women. By the way, chest size, according to this study of female attraction, claims most women prefer a man to have a chest measurement (as measured around the chest at the nipples) to be the ideal waist size divided by .75%. So a man with a 33" true waist should have a chest size of 44 inches (33 divided by .75 = 44). And a 33 inch true waist man should have a shoulder circumference of 53.4 inches, or close to it.

One other thing. If you are trying to think of what the waist size of where you wear jeans and trousers (at top of the hip bone) would be in relation to 'true waist' size. That measurement on a fit male is usually about 2 inches larger than the true waist measured at the navel. So if your true waist at navel is 33", chances are the measurement you would take at the top of your hip where you wear your jeans would be about 35". If you are fat, then it would reverse, the true waist would be larger than your top of the hip waist measurement.
Reply 8
Original post by Dodge-Slant-6
Don't kid yourself, they sure do think about the size of a man's waist. Countless psychological studies have shown women are more attracted to men with a slender waist coupled with a strong chest and broad shoulders than any other shape of man.

University researchers have even found exact proportions linked to a proven mathematical formula. According to the research, women most prefer a man who's shoulder circumference (as measured with a tailor's tape around the shoulders at about the same level as your arm pits) is 1.618 x a man's waist size (as measured around his navel at his 'true waist', NOT at the top of the hip bone where most guys wear their trousers). Since doctor's claim a man is most healthy if his true waist is about .45% - .46% of his height in inches, then you can see through maths what the 'ideal' man is built like in the eye's of most women. By the way, chest size, according to this study of female attraction, claims most women prefer a man to have a chest measurement (as measured around the chest at the nipples) to be the ideal waist size divided by .75%. So a man with a 33" true waist should have a chest size of 44 inches (33 divided by .75 = 44). And a 33 inch true waist man should have a shoulder circumference of 53.4 inches, or close to it.

One other thing. If you are trying to think of what the waist size of where you wear jeans and trousers (at top of the hip bone) would be in relation to 'true waist' size. That measurement on a fit male is usually about 2 inches larger than the true waist measured at the navel. So if your true waist at navel is 33", chances are the measurement you would take at the top of your hip where you wear your jeans would be about 35". If you are fat, then it would reverse, the true waist would be larger than your top of the hip waist measurement.

no we dont you ****ing weirdo. in all my years as a woman never have me or any of my friends gone "wow check his waist out". Ur delusional
Original post by pmprin
no we dont you ****ing weirdo. in all my years as a woman never have me or any of my friends gone "wow check his waist out". Ur delusional

Oh, so you're trying to tell me you never admired a man with 6-pack abs? Come on, quit lying. You're either lying or you don't know what the term 'waist' really means, medically speaking. FYI, 'waist' is the belly.
Reply 10
Oh, so you're trying to tell me you never admired a man with 6-pack abs? Come on, quit lying. You're either lying or you don't know what the term 'waist' really means, medically speaking. FYI, 'waist' is the belly.

I know what a waist is, get off your high horse. I don't actually love the 6 pack look...and in actual fact, it's not every woman's cup of tea.
What's up with all these threads about the "ideal" guy lately?

I hope you all know that you are promoting unhealthy and unattainable things and objectifying men by reducing them to nothing more than objects of desire meant to satiate your aesthetic needs x
Original post by pmprin
I know what a waist is, get off your high horse. I don't actually love the 6 pack look...and in actual fact, it's not every woman's cup of tea.

I wasn't trying to be nasty. Lighten up. I was just citing proven scientific research. Women, are no different from men when it comes to appreciating aesthetic beauty of the opposite sex. Obviously, you don't have these mathematical formulae on your conscious while checking guys out, but subconsciously, your mind is well aware of what you like and what you don't like. Judging appearances of somebody of the opposite sex is no different, in that respect, than choosing which shoes or clothes you most prefer. Every individual is different, we all have our particular likes and dislikes, but these set of formulas have been proven through the ages since the time of the ancient Greeks to stir in most women what they see as idealised male beauty.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
What's up with all these threads about the "ideal" guy lately?

I hope you all know that you are promoting unhealthy and unattainable things and objectifying men by reducing them to nothing more than objects of desire meant to satiate your aesthetic needs x

It is the same person making them all.
I have no idea :lol:
Original post by bumblebee342
I have no idea :lol:

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you vote in the poll listed above?
Thanks for the quick reply. Did you vote in the poll listed above?

What's your waist size OP?

Also, it takes more than a waist size to become ideal.
Exactly. These women need a course in human anatomy. Poll after poll cites British women saying their ideal height for a man is around 6' 1". But at the same time when polled about a man's ideal waist size they often say 30" or 32". It is nearly physically impossible for a 6' 1" man to have a 30 inch waist. And 32 inches at the waist would make him look anaemic. He'd be a toothpick. A 6' 1" man with a 32 inch waist is a concentration camp survivor.

Not unless I'm some sort of anomoly, I'm 6'2'' and I've always measured up as a 30'' waist when getting trousers fitted. Think it's fairly common for lanky guys to have small waists tbh. That said, my waist may measure as 30'', but I have to wear 34'' to fit round my ass and thighs where I started lifting a few years ago.
i love how no females have replied as none care
Original post by thatgr
i love how no females have replied as none care

I know......Believe me they care. Why do you think they all go gaga over these male dancers with the 6-pack abs.

If I was going to guess I'd say the average woman would prefer a guy to be around 32-33 inches in the 'true waist' which is measured around the navel. 32 inches in the true waist usually equates to 10% body fat and 6-pack abs. However, 32 inches in the true waist would give that man in question about 34 inches around, for the measurement most people would call their 'waist'.....The area just above your hip bone where most men wear their trousers and jeans. So if more women had voted in this online poll, I'd bet most would click the switch for 34". With modern vanity sizing that would be a 32 inch waist pair of Levis or 33 inch waist in other brands of casual trousers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending