The Student Room Group

Will I get offers ? Your opinions?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abc:)
I mean at the end of AS I had ACCC, and got an AAA offer, and ended up with A*A*AD.... that was a competitive year too, as the last one before fees went up fewer people opted to take a gap year. We'll agree to disagree on OP's chances!

Yeah...well, I think you're in the minority. Did you have a fifth choice that was in line with your ASes? OP doesn't. OP is putting themselves at risk of no offers, which is certainly not advisable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCAR H
Yeah with predictions i can achieve it

Huh? I don't know what you mean. I'd really advise being at least realistic about where you might get or not get offers from, let alone your grades.
Also I don't see why you made this thread if you were going to insist that you could make the grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by yl95
Yeah...well, I think you're in the minority. Did you have a fifth choice that was in line with your ASes? OP doesn't. OP is putting themselves at risk of no offers, which is certainly not advisable.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I didn't as I applied through UCAS extra so I could only apply to one university at a time. Fair point about having one though, I would advise OP to switch their least preferred choice out of those for one that is easier to get into.
Original post by SCAR H
My teachers know me well

sorry but i dont think they'll predict you AAA? if they did i honestly fear for your application.
Reply 44
Original post by scrawlx101
sorry but i dont think they'll predict you AAA? if they did i honestly fear for your application.

Thanks <3
Reply 45
Original post by smozsolution
Why did you underperform at AS then if you and your teachers believe you're capable of AAA?

Have a serious think about where you're applying and whether your predicted grades are realistic. Universities will be able to see both your predictions and your AS grades and as they won't know your capabilities like your teachers, they'll question the high predicted grades.

I'm predicted AAA ok. I'll certainly get offers
Original post by SCAR H

No you won't certainly get offers. With that attitude it won't get you anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 47
Original post by yl95
No you won't certainly get offers. With that attitude it won't get you anywhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes i will.
Original post by SCAR H
Yes i will.

Have fun possibly taking a gap year because you didn't listen to people. You made a thread asking for opinions but you won't change your mind anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SCAR H

I'd be amazed if you get those grades and get offers, let alone if you get by in life with that attitude and delusion of grandeur you have.
Guys, if they've made their mind up about wanting to achieve highly this year don't start raining on their parade. Yes, by all means OP needs to have a fairly safe option but if they're aiming high and know what they're capable of doing - why be so negative?

I'm in the same position OP. I've gone entirely high-risk with my application this year (wouldn't advise it) but I know what I can achieve and believe that I will reach my predicted grades this year - last year and the one before were unfortunately plagued with extenuating circumstances - but the point still stands.

OP, you're ambitious, I like that keep it up! However, you better be prepared to work your butt of this year! Listen to everyone, take on their advice and slam in an proper insurance choice.

Good luck. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Guys, if they've made their mind up about wanting to achieve highly this year don't start raining on their parade. Yes, by all means OP needs to have a fairly safe option but if they're aiming high and know what they're capable of doing - why be so negative?

I'm in the same position OP. I've gone entirely high-risk with my application this year (wouldn't advise it) but I know what I can achieve and believe that I will reach my predicted grades this year - last year and the one before were unfortunately plagued with extenuating circumstances - but the point still stands.

OP, you're ambitious, I like that keep it up! However, you better be prepared to work your butt of this year! Listen to everyone, take on their advice and slam in an proper insurance choice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

OP's attitude is a bit of a stinker, though. Unless OP had extenuating circumstances he really needs a backup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's one word for it.

Original post by yl95
OP's attitude is a bit of a stinker, though. Unless OP had extenuating circumstances he really needs a backup.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed he does.

@SCAR H
You have been given a pretty consistent message in this thread (which you started, after all), one you can ignore or not as you choose. If your teachers really are prepared to predict you AAA in spite of those AS results, they had better put something convincing in your reference about (a) why you underperformed at AS level and (b) your prospects for improving on those results so much that AAA is a realistic goal. "I know I'll get the grades" is not and never has been an approach that convinces admissions tutors. Without that backup in your reference, your chances of getting offers from the unis you have mentioned are extremely small, if they exist at all.
Are my choices sensible?
I have 5A*'s and 4A's at GCSE, AAAA in AS and I am now predicted A*A*A in A2
I am applying to study Law at:
Cambridge (A*AA)
Nottingham (A*AA)
Bristol (AAA-A*AB)
Cardiff (AAA-AAB)
Southampton (AAA-AAB)
Original post by Sajabajax
Are my choices sensible?
I have 5A*'s and 4A's at GCSE, AAAA in AS and I am now predicted A*A*A in A2
I am applying to study Law at:
Cambridge (A*AA)
Nottingham (A*AA)
Bristol (AAA-A*AB)
Cardiff (AAA-AAB)
Southampton (AAA-AAB)
Looks reasonable to me :smile:
I got the same AS results BBC and have been predicted AAB. I am also only applying to Unis that are AAB, simply because I'm aiming for A*AA atleast. I think its good to aim high but it really depends on the person and their circumstances e.g my coursework was a mess this year (got an e) which brought my grade down significantly, plus I only revised 2-3 days before AS exams.
Original post by SCAR H
Applying for geography so not massively competive

My grades: D + BBC (AS)
Predicted: AAA

Unis:
Exeter - AAB
Manchester - ABB
Manchester - AAA
UCL - AAA - ABB
Southampton - ABB

Its surely possible, don't worry about that. I'm far from the best consultant on this but my only concern is whether the Uni's will look at the C and question how you will jump to 'A'?

Quick Reply

Latest