The Student Room Group

Are Religious Studies and Philosophy & Ethics the same A Levels?

Hi everyone. Please just answer the title.
Those are two different courses. But it's possible, as I did, to take a course called Religious Studies and Ethical Philosophy for your A-levels provided your college offers it. Most however, offer them separately as Philosophy or Religious Studies (with a variety of slightly different titles). When I studied Religious Studies and Ethical Philosophy, philosophical theories were used as some secular based theories as opposed to religious based theories.
Reply 2
Original post by EllainKahlo
Those are two different courses. But it's possible, as I did, to take a course called Religious Studies and Ethical Philosophy for your A-levels provided your college offers it. Most however, offer them separately as Philosophy or Religious Studies (with a variety of slightly different titles). When I studied Religious Studies and Ethical Philosophy, philosophical theories were used as some secular based theories as opposed to religious based theories.

thankyou for your help
Original post by walia321
thankyou for your help

You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by walia321
Hi everyone. Please just answer the title.

Yes. There is an A level in Philosophy, but Philosophy and Ethics is not it. If you study Philosophy and Ethics then you just take the Philosophy and Ethics units of A level RS.

Quick Reply

Latest