The Student Room Group

I now worship Reggie Yates.

I just watched a show on BBC3 where Reggie went to talk to Russian Nationalists in the heart of Russia.

Long story short he got used for propaganda, got racially abused in public (F*cking black guy, go burn on a cross, go dry your bananas) and had some guy down a fight club (nationalist fight club) said his children will have a high chance of being born freaks because he's of mixed heritage.

Think I worship this guy now.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot700
I just watched a show on BBC3 where Reggie went to talk to Russian Nationalists in the heart of Russia.

Long story short he got used for propaganda, got racially abused in public (F*cking black guy, go burn on a cross, go dry your bananas) and had some guy down a fight club (nationalist fight club) said his children will have a high chance of being born freaks because he's of mixed heritage.

Why?
Reply 2
Original post by william walker
Why?

He went into the heart of smelly racist chavs as a guy who's clearly doesn't look like one of them.
Reply 3
I LOVED his Extreme Russia documentary series, I really respect what he did.
He went into the heart of smelly racist chavs as a guy who's clearly doesn't look like one of them.

And?
Extreme Russia with Reggie Yates was fab.
Will watch it now. Seen the America one. Seems like a cool guy.
And?

Don't be so obtuse.
I love him!
Original post by Twinpeaks
Don't be so obtuse.

I am not. I just don't see what the big deal is.
I remember him from 'Smile' on CBBC on Sunday mornings and I've always loved him

I loved Reggie Yates extreme Russia programmes! Have you seen the South African and USA programmes Reggie has done? They're just as insightful as the extreme Russia ones!
I am not. I just don't see what the big deal is.

Why don't you watch the damn episode rather than demand explanations from people?
Original post by Twinpeaks
Why don't you watch the damn episode rather than demand explanations from people?

I just do get it. This is what these people are meant to do. It is their job.
Original post by liquity
I remember him from 'Smile' on CBBC on Sunday mornings and I've always loved him

Smile! That's the name of the show, I watched that show when I was very young and remember it very faintly and remember really enjoying it. It's the show where it's mainly yellow and Nev the bear and the blonde girl right?
Have massive respect for Reggie, venturing into those territories in Russia! It was really interesting that side of Russia that we rarely get to see. And with regards to his other programmes on the USA and South Africa, reminds me a bit of the great Louis Theroux! Both great journalists!

And this video is probably one of the most awesome things on YouTube :lol:

Smile! That's the name of the show, I watched that show when I was very young and remember it very faintly and remember really enjoying it. It's the show where it's mainly yellow and Nev the bear and the blonde girl right?

Yes! It's where Nev the bear came from, I used to watch it like every sunday, I would get up especially early :P
Original post by liquity
Yes! It's where Nev the bear came from, I used to watch it like every sunday, I would get up especially early :P

Awwwww yisssss, Always had the faint memories but never remembered the name, all I remember is the 3 of them together and they would have callers on the phone playing some game with Nev running down the street or something.
Awwwww yisssss, Always had the faint memories but never remembered the name, all I remember is the 3 of them together and they would have callers on the phone playing some game with Nev running down the street or something.

Yeesssss there were so many games people could play it was my favourite show :smile:
Original post by RDB1826
Have massive respect for Reggie, venturing into those territories in Russia! It was really interesting that side of Russia that we rarely get to see. And with regards to his other programmes on the USA and South Africa, reminds me a bit of the great Louis Theroux! Both great journalists!

And this video is probably one of the most awesome things on YouTube :lol:

So this is what Will Mckenzies been doing since University.

Quick Reply

Latest