The Student Room Group

A level year 1 Biology and chemistry REVISON MATERIALS?

does anyone know where i can get revision materials like practice exam questions.(dont say past paper questions because im looking for specific topic practice questions e.g. monosaccharides) im doing the NEW A LEVEL SPECIFICATION! i already have the AQA website materials but looking for something better and more helpful
Reply 1
have you done any exam papers yet? I'm looking for some resources too but I just use my textbook for now, you can try look through past papers and just go certain questions but I guess that's long... What school do you go to? Maybe your teacher can get some exam questions for your class as homework.
I have the same problem 😔
What exam board?
Reply 4
Original post by Randall13
What exam board?

AQA
Reply 5
Original post by Senpai
have you done any exam papers yet? I'm looking for some resources too but I just use my textbook for now, you can try look through past papers and just go certain questions but I guess that's long... What school do you go to? Maybe your teacher can get some exam questions for your class as homework.

Ive had look through the website, it doesnt help me as much as im only looking for chapter based practice questions and yeah i also do use my book but its not a massive help
Do you know how much the specifcation has changed?
Reply 7
Original post by Kugelmugel
Do you know how much the specifcation has changed?

yeah absolutely but AQA should have not left us like this without any resources. it sucks
Original post by abdulm133
yeah absolutely but AQA should have not left us like this without any resources. it sucks

Ah sorry I think you misunderstood my question, I meant did it change a lot? Because I'm a current year 13, and I know a lot of good resources for my year, some of which may still be relevant for you :smile: I don't know quite how much the specification has changed though! :s-smilie:

In terms of revision I really really really reccomend www.chemrevise.org
Unfortuntely it doesn't have questions like you wanted, but it does have revision notes updated for the new spec, and if they're anything like the old ones (which I'm using), they should be helpful!

What topic exactly are you trying to find questions for?

I agree, it sucks, I don't envy you!
Reply 9
Original post by Kugelmugel
Ah sorry I think you misunderstood my question, I meant did it change a lot? Because I'm a current year 13, and I know a lot of good resources for my year, some of which may still be relevant for you :smile: I don't know quite how much the specification has changed though! :s-smilie:

In terms of revision I really really really reccomend www.chemrevise.org
Unfortuntely it doesn't have questions like you wanted, but it does have revision notes updated for the new spec, and if they're anything like the old ones (which I'm using), they should be helpful!

What topic exactly are you trying to find questions for?

I agree, it sucks, I don't envy you!

im trying to find topic related practice questions such as carbohydrates( monosaccharides and lipids, proteins) sounds really vague. the specification has been changed completely i mean, we have no more ISA's and we have to do 12 practicals. we're the first year to do this new specification so thats why im asking. thanks for the website, anything right now is helpful enough

Quick Reply

Latest