The Student Room Group

older users of TSR, what did you study at uni?

Scroll to see replies

ye bear™ did studye Naturall Philosophie at the College of Master Caius; he was wont to frequent low Tavernes therein to quaffe greatly the ales of ye Greene Kinge, namely the Abbotte and the Pale Ale of the Indies withal.
Reply 21
Original post by the bear
ye bear™ did studye Naturall Philosophie at the College of Master Caius; he was wont to frequent low Tavernes therein to quaffe greatly the ales of ye Greene Kinge, namely the Abbotte and the Pale Ale of the Indies withal.

Why does thebear speak like in the 16th century?
Reply 22
I studied History and enjoyed it. The problem is when you need a job.
Original post by Josb

STEM for ye winne
Original post by JamesManc
Did psychology, liked it at undergrad. The further along in postgrad I get the more I hate it. Want to change fields.

Hi there, why do you feel you hate it in postgrad as opposed to undergrad? What field are you thinking of going into?
BA Media and Cultural studies

Hated it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Josb

Ugh, I'm doing History at KCL and I'm thinking of dropping out to reapply for something else for 2016 entry... is it worth it?
Reply 27
Original post by SophieSmall
In 2nd year of IBMS Biomedical science, also did a foundation in natural science. Found the foundation completely useless, but oh well. In all honesty I don't enjoy very much of my course. But that's mainly down to me losing all passion for the subject. We have about 36 contact hours a week, and we're expected to do an extra 30 hours at least private study a week. There is quite a lot of lab time involved too, and unfortunately the labs can be very repetitive and boring.

thats too bad. is there no chance of starting afresh?
Reply 28
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Graduated with a chemistry degree and am now doing a chemistry masters which has been and still is thoroughly enjoyable.

would you say it was more enjoyable than chemistry at A Level?
Reply 29
Original post by donutaud15
BA Media and Cultural studies

Hated it

Posted from TSR Mobile

what made you hate it?
Original post by Kokoloko
I'm currently in sixth form, year 12, haven't a clue what to study in uni (taking physics maths chemistry and french now) and I've not found any questions asking what other people studied so i thought id give it a shot

if you could tell me what you studied, what you enjoyed/didnt enjoy, contact/non contact hours, and any other funky jazz id be really interested to hear

cheers

Business Studies with Sociology. Although most of my modules were on marketing, so it was basically a marketing degree and the sociology really helped. I didn't spend any time with advisers or lecturers. Which was fine at the time, but I'd do it all differently now.

With your subjects though, you'll have far more choice available to you and some really exciting degree courses to pick from.
Did International Politics and Strategic Studies at Aberystwyth 2003-2006. Chose solely because I saw it on University Challenge and loved the sound of it

Pros: Amazing course, with world renowned lecturers in the field, lived in a beautiful town on the seafront and (surprisingly) great bars and underground EDM scene
Cons (or more accurately regrets): i would say this to anyone starting or thinking about uni, join everything and follow through, get into sports, even if you aren't sporty i.e. Ultimate Frisbee or Extreme Ironing. I didn't take this advice and it is my one sole regret.
Reply 32
Original post by robinson96
Hiya :smile: Currently in first year of Uni Studying Natural Sciences at UEA. I have about 18-20 contact hours a week which is quite good, although you get a lot of reading to do in your own time (Biology). I do really enjoy it though :smile: there's lots of choice for your modules and you get to mix with people from loads of different faculties instead of just being in one. Hope that's useful :smile:

seems to be a lot of UEA students round here aha
do what you love, love what what you do eh (;
Reply 33
Original post by Lord Samosa
BA Accounting and Management.

Enjoyed it, glad I chose this over Business and Management, I definitely preferred the Accounting modules.

which uni was that at?
thats too bad. is there no chance of starting afresh?

Nope already completed 2 years of student finance, started my 3rd year of student finance this year. And I don't really want to start a fresh anyway. Of all the courses this is the one that best fits my interests. I'm just unfortunate unmotivated and not passionate...depression will do that to you haha.
Final year of computer networks and security. I mostly like it but sometimes I feel like I'm in the wrong course
Reply 36
Original post by Captain Jack
Business Studies with Sociology. Although most of my modules were on marketing, so it was basically a marketing degree and the sociology really helped. I didn't spend any time with advisers or lecturers. Which was fine at the time, but I'd do it all differently now.

With your subjects though, you'll have far more choice available to you and some really exciting degree courses to pick from.

how did you find the course itself? although i don't think thats a route I'll be taking.
ah right, hopefully so aha
Reply 37
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Final year of computer networks and security. I mostly like it but sometimes I feel like I'm in the wrong course

whys that? and what do you like most
Reply 38
Original post by SophieSmall
Nope already completed 2 years of student finance, started my 3rd year of student finance this year. And I don't really want to start a fresh anyway. Of all the courses this is the one that best fits my interests. I'm just unfortunate unmotivated and not passionate...depression will do that to you haha.

haha thats a darn shame. and to be honest, I'm the same aha
haha thats a darn shame. and to be honest, I'm the same aha

Ahh well ey, hopefully it improves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending