The Student Room Group

seriously panicking over my application

So I sent off my ucas application today, beforehand I sent it to my referee and she sent back my statement to make a couple of grammar changes etc. I copied my statement directly from the email into the personal statement box on the form and it showed up in a format where there's like a whole line of text, then one word on the next line, then the sentence continues on the third line, however when i saved it it came up normally as just the block of text.

Then when I checked my form on the ucas track my statement has gone into the weird format from before, and I am actually terrified that the uni's are just going to put my application in the rejection list straight away because of the format and I cant stop thinking about it :frown:

does anyone know what they actually see? I just don't understand why it's gone in this format because I thought it would have gone over the line limit on their form? I feel like I'm going crazy with worry
It is probably OK, it won't be sent to the trash over one line of text. As long as your grades are up to standard it will be enough to make them read through your PS thoroughly.

Contact UCAS as soon as you can. The quicker you do this, the quicker it will be sorted out. I believe they will be able to sort it out for you. If not, and/or UCAS is unresponsive, you should look towards contacting each university admittance team individually by phone and explaining the situation so that they can note this.

Priority: Contact UCAS the first moment their lines are open.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Archdukes
It is probably OK, it won't be sent to the trash over one line of text. As long as your grades are up to standard it will be enough to make them read through your PS thoroughly.

Contact UCAS as soon as you can. The quicker you do this, the quicker it will be sorted out. I believe they will be able to sort it out for you. If not, and/or UCAS is unresponsive, you should look towards contacting each university admittance team individually by phone and explaining the situation so that they can note this.

Priority: Contact UCAS the first moment their lines are open.

It's not just one line, its every sentence which is why I'm panicking, its horrible to try to read :s-smilie: Thank you, I'm going to talk to my referee tomorrow and see how's best to deal with it, and then see if I need to call them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending