The Student Room Group

Emergency deadline by tomorrow

OMG OMG OMG!!!

EVERYBODY everything has gone downhill since last week, you may all know me as that ps girl but omg I have a assignment deadline for tomorrow and the file I worked hard on corrupted???? I have to admit with all honesty I absolutely hate IT and took it by mistake when I wanted Business but now I'm stuck with IT and stuck on IT!!!! lol

HELP ME GUYS THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scroll to see replies

Was it a Microsoft Office file?
Reply 2
Original post by Chaz W
Was it a Microsoft Office file?

Yes it was and I barely managed to finish it now I have to start from scratch!!! it's a disaster truly!!!
Original post by sadly
Yes it was and I barely managed to finish it now I have to start from scratch!!! it's a disaster truly!!!

All may not be lost. Firstly, I'd recommend emailing whoever your teacher/tutor is and explaining the situation to see if they can offer any help since they may have had this happen before (I know mine has).

You could check if Windows made any backups for you, just in-case. Right click "My Computer" (or whatever Microsoft call it these days) and click properties. Then go to "previous versions" and see if there are any backups there. Let us know either way.
Reply 4
Original post by Chaz W
All may not be lost. Firstly, I'd recommend emailing whoever your teacher/tutor is and explaining the situation to see if they can offer any help since they may have had this happen before (I know mine has).

You could check if Windows made any backups for you, just in-case. Right click "My Computer" (or whatever Microsoft call it these days) and click properties. Then go to "previous versions" and see if there are any backups there. Let us know either way.

He tried all the above and couldn't recover the file so he extended my deadline to Friday that's why I'm so panicky lol but thank you x
Original post by sadly
He tried all the above and couldn't recover the file so he extended my deadline to Friday that's why I'm so panicky lol but thank you x

I'm gonna assume it's a Microsoft Word doc so check out this link and try the stuff there.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-plus-ways-to-recover-a-corrupted-word-document/

Also, if the project isn't that big it may be possible to just pull an all-nighter (or stay up to the early hours) and get it done. Not ideal but I've had to do it before (plus it's half-term the day after tomorrow :wink: ).
Reply 6
ohh I love your username omg!! and It was like the start one about command line, disk cleanup and stuff like that lol I need all the help I can get
Reply 7
Okay thank you soo much omg!! I'm sure I can do the rest myself but I'm only stuck on 1 question. It says to talk about the operating systems (Command line & GUI) but I have to include the: Hardware management, Security, File management and Device drivers.

Idk how to link the operating systems to all those lol it's too much for a beginner like me!
·
Reply 8
Looooool, it's you again :rofl: You need to fix up :hmmm:
Reply 9
Original post by m3m
Looooool, it's you again :rofl: You need to fix up :hmmm:

LOOOL heyy again!!! This is the worst week of my entire life okay help me out if you know IT I need all the help I can get lol

Moral of the story: DON'T depend on a USB like everrr
Reply 10
Original post by sadly
Okay thank you soo much omg!! I'm sure I can do the rest myself but I'm only stuck on 1 question. It says to talk about the operating systems (Command line & GUI) but I have to include the: Hardware management, Security, File management and Device drivers.

Idk how to link the operating systems to all those lol it's too much for a beginner like me!
·

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=243637&d=1379100994

somewhere in there^^

just search "device drivers" in "find on this page" and you'll get it

AS computing stuff it may be a different subject/ examboard but the answers are gonna be the same so for info check that out

can't tell you off the top of my head bc it's 10:30 at night and my brain turns into mashed potatoes at around 8pm

good luck though ! :biggrin:
Reply 11
Original post by sadly
LOOOL heyy again!!! This is the worst week of my entire life okay help me out if you know IT I need all the help I can get lol

general rule, data you don't save in 3 different locations AND online is data you don't care about
Reply 12
Original post by z33
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=243637&d=1379100994

somewhere in there^^

just search "device drivers" in "find on this page" and you'll get it

AS computing stuff it may be a different subject/ examboard but the answers are gonna be the same so for info check that out

can't tell you off the top of my head bc it's 10:30 at night and my brain turns into mashed potatoes at around 8pm

good luck though ! :biggrin:

Awhh thank you soo much lol I'll definitely try this lol
Reply 13
Original post by sadly

·

You were in a rush because you lost your assignment through tech issues... but actually, that happened a while ago and tomorrow is the extended deadline? And you're not finished yet? And somehow you need other people to tell you the answers to your assignment even though the problem was that you lost your assignment, rather than that you couldn't do it because it was hard? Eh?
Reply 14
Original post by Ronove
You were in a rush because you lost your assignment through tech issues... but actually, that happened a while ago and tomorrow is the extended deadline? And you're not finished yet? And somehow you need other people to tell you the answers to your assignment even though the problem was that you lost your assignment, rather than that you couldn't do it because it was hard? Eh?

looool rude!! what are you trying to insinuate? Anyways I did it all before but I have to admit the section I wrote here my teacher initially helped me in and now I don't have his annotations I'm in a pinch but there's no way I would come here and not try any questions like I'm really dumb lol btu not lazy!! just desperate :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by sadly

lmao, you need to chuck that usb asap and get a new one. This is the third time :naughty: Idk how to help you, just felt the need to comment :u:
Reply 16
Original post by sadly
looool rude!! what are you trying to insinuate? Anyways I did it all before but I have to admit the section I wrote here my teacher initially helped me in and now I don't have his annotations I'm in a pinch but there's no way I would come here and not try any questions like I'm really dumb lol btu not lazy!! just desperate :smile:

I don't know... the reply below would suggest the USB thing has been working quite well for you...

Original post by m3m
lmao, you need to chuck that usb asap and get a new one. This is the third time :naughty: Idk how to help you, just felt the need to comment :u:

But hey, you don't have to justify yourself to me. If people are happy to help you out, they're happy to help you out.
Reply 17
Original post by Ronove
I don't know... the reply below would suggest the USB thing has been working quite well for you...

But hey, you don't have to justify yourself to me. If people are happy to help you out, they're happy to help you out.

lool no it didn't honestly you don't even understand the hell it has put me through especially my personal statement thread which you weren't in or never read like I never gave it in today because of what happened I mean thank the lord my teachers know I'm a hard worker and I've never missed a single homework/day in class/ 100% attendance. I have ordered a new USB from Amazon and I'll save it all on my computer and send it next time like...you don't live my life and this USB has last nearly a year until now so like...please stop being rude I don't ask for help unless I really needed it and this week I did God bless everyone that help me but leave me be please. Thanks.
Reply 18
I completed most of it!!!!!!!

lol I have 3 parts to go but sooo nearly there! Thanks for all the help when I was desperate I really appreciated it xxx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending