The Student Room Group

Media Studies A-Level

if i dont get an B in english can i still do media at A-level? (If I get an A in Media Studies GCSE). I am still doing higher paper in my GCSEs for English but my target is only a C. I am doing really badly in the subject and I am revising loads for it.
Reply 1
Whether you can and can't depends on the college. I would think that they will accept your C if you can demonstrate that you really want to study this subject and that's all that matters. There are people who didn't even have the C in English still do the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by oethan
if i dont get an B in english can i still do media at A-level? (If I get an A in Media Studies GCSE). I am still doing higher paper in my GCSEs for English but my target is only a C. I am doing really badly in the subject and I am revising loads for it.

Will your school let you do A-level Media with a B in GCSE English?

Most likely yes, but check the requirements of your sixth form/college.

Do you have the ability to do A-level Media with a B in GCSE English?

Yes! There are people in my class who got A at AS-level, but have Cs in GCSE English. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by ombtom
Will your school let you do A-level Media with a B in GCSE English?

Most likely yes, but check the requirements of your sixth form/college.

Do you have the ability to do A-level Media with a B in GCSE English?

Yes! There are people in my class who got A at AS-level, but have Cs in GCSE English. :smile:

Thanks a lot, my school requires a B in English and a B in MS, my MS teacher told me I can get an A for sure from what I have demonstrated in my coursework. I am sure I can get a C in English
Reply 4
Original post by Waliid
Whether you can and can't depends on the college. I would think that they will accept your C if you can demonstrate that you really want to study this subject and that's all that matters. There are people who didn't even have the C in English still do the course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing it at my school's 6form, and they asked for a B in English, but I'm pretty sure I could show them that I want to study the subject and I would be able to. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest