The Student Room Group

HELP!!

Does anybody want to help me with science? Mostly Biology and Chemistry because i am failing all my sciences. I do core and additional science. Some revision tips or websites would be nice. Thank you. (:
Original post by Jasmiin
Does anybody want to help me with science? Mostly Biology and Chemistry because i am failing all my sciences. I do core and additional science. Some revision tips or websites would be nice. Thank you. (:

I used to really like www.my-gcsescience.com
also if you go on youtube and search my gcse science there is a member called that with really great videos, they were ny lifeline for chemistry at gcse :smile:
Original post by Jasmiin

I do the sciences with Edexcel, but I would be happy to offer any help I can give:smile: I think that a common you-tube channel people use if they do AQA science is mygcsescience, so you might want to check it out... As for revision, my advice is to use flashcards - they're brilliant for helping you to memorise key equations and definitions, ect. Other than that ... experiment. Try mind maps, you-tube, voice-recording, whatever works best for you:wink: Any particular probs?
Original post by BekahMay
also if you go on youtube and search my gcse science there is a member called that with really great videos, they were ny lifeline for chemistry at gcse :smile:

lol, we've recommended the same thing at the same time! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by BekahMay

Thank youu, i have an account on there lol. Is there any other websites like that where you can find worksheets and answers as well? :smile:
I always find that learning the command words (discuss, state, explain etc.) helps me so much in mock exams and CAT tests. GCSE science can be quite straightforward once you learn what the question is actually asking you for so I would not just concentrate on learning content but also check mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams-guidance/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html

to see how they want you to answer the questions. They will ask you similar questions on each exam so once you learn how the exams work, it might be a lot easier for you
Reply 6
Original post by Treblebee
I do the sciences with Edexcel, but I would be happy to offer any help I can give:smile: I think that a common you-tube channel people use if they do AQA science is mygcsescience, so you might want to check it out... As for revision, my advice is to use flashcards - they're brilliant for helping you to memorise key equations and definitions, ect. Other than that ... experiment. Try mind maps, you-tube, voice-recording, whatever works best for you:wink: Any particular probs?

Thank you so much for your tips. Do you know any other websites or youtube channels like that because that would be great. :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by kaneeeharrisss
I always find that learning the command words (discuss, state, explain etc.) helps me so much in mock exams and CAT tests. GCSE science can be quite straightforward once you learn what the question is actually asking you for so I would not just concentrate on learning content but also check mark schemes

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/exams-guidance/find-past-papers-and-mark-schemes

http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/support/support-topics/exams/past-papers.html

to see how they want you to answer the questions. They will ask you similar questions on each exam so once you learn how the exams work, it might be a lot easier for you

Aw, thank you for the links, will definetly check the mark schemes out while learning the content. :smile:
Original post by Jasmiin
Thank you so much for your tips. Do you know any other websites or youtube channels like that because that would be great. :smile:

Well, you're probably already familiar with it, but you could have a look at Bitesize:wink: Also, as has already been mentioned, the mark scheme is vitally important - they give you marks for things which you never thought to include in your answer, and take marks away for seemingly minor errors, so it'd definitely be worth it:smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Treblebee
Well, you're probably already familiar with it, but you could have a look at Bitesize:wink: Also, as has already been mentioned, the mark scheme is vitally important - they give you marks for things which you never thought to include in your answer, and take marks away for seemingly minor errors, so it'd definitely be worth it:smile:

The mark scheme sucks i guess but thank you so much again for your help.:h:
The specifications and the CGP guides were what I used!
Reply 11
Original post by katebeckett
The specifications and the CGP guides were what I used!

Thank you for your tip (:

Quick Reply

Latest