The Student Room Group

Chevening Statement

Dear Friends, I am having trouble applying for the Chevening Scholarships in one specific topic and I was wondering if any of you would be so kind to help me.

When they ask what are our post study career plan, what are they expecting to hear?

THis is the question: 4 - Chevening is looking for individuals whohave a clear post-study career plan. Outline your immediate plans uponreturning home and your longer term career goals, considering how these relateto UK priorities in your country.

Anyone?
I think the question is very clear. Organise your thoughts first, think about how much space you have and just start writing. You can pretty it up later.
Reply 2
Dear Friends,

I am Brazilian and I am applying for the Chevening Scholarships.

Among the so called prioritary areas for Brazilian students, the mention "Policy"..

Help me understand what kind of studies they are aiming. Does it have anything to do with political studies? Would you show me a few exemples?
Thank you very much!
You're going to have to explain what they're asking a lot better. Without context policy is just a word which could mean anything.
Reply 4
Original post by alleycat393
You're going to have to explain what they're asking a lot better. Without context policy is just a word which could mean anything.

But that's the problem! They only mention "policy". No more details. I wil copy and paste the so called "prioritary áreas":

International relations

Law and criminal justice

Nutrition

Oil and gas

Policy (HERE IT IS!!!)

Public policy

Sport - event management

Sport - health

Sports development - management

Sustainable development

Tax regulation

Trade

Transnational crime

Transparency

Transport

Oh I see now. Basically it sounds like they'll give priority or only fund students who are studying one the subjects listed.
Reply 6
Oh I see now. Basically it sounds like they'll give priority or only fund students who are studying one the subjects listed.

Exactly! But my point is: what do they mean by "Policy"???
Where you're learning about policy. Your best bet is to have a look at your course structure and work out if it fits any of the above and contact the organisation to clarify.
Reply 8

Oh, all seeing and truly majestic Garfield, I thank you for imparting your wisdom before us today. Please rid me from my ignorance as I would be eternally grateful to share even a fraction of your knowledge.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending