The Student Room Group

AS mocks

My mocks are starting on December 4th. Do you have any advice to help me achieve my best in the mocks? How I should revise and when I should start revising, things like that.
Start revising now, but if you can pick up really quickly, 2 weeks before your mocks will be good enough. Definitely remember to do some past year questions, but not all, leave some for AS itself (unless you're so hardworking you wanna do it twice haha) :smile: What subjects are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by maccaism
My mocks are starting on December 4th. Do you have any advice to help me achieve my best in the mocks? How I should revise and when I should start revising, things like that.

Isn't that a little bit early? In my school they are always after the Christmas holidays. Anyway start revising now if you wanna do well in them and make life easier / stressful.
Reply 3
Association is always good, use colours, songs or even aftershave/perfumes to denote different subjects/concepts. Don't just read notes. That's never any good.
Reply 4
Maths, Art, English Lit and History :smile:
Original post by wmwaimeng
Start revising now, but if you can pick up really quickly, 2 weeks before your mocks will be good enough. Definitely remember to do some past year questions, but not all, leave some for AS itself (unless you're so hardworking you wanna do it twice haha) :smile: What subjects are you taking?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maths, Art, English Lit and History :smile:

Cool. Not very sure about art subjects, I did maths, further maths, physics and economics. Personally I struggle with reading subjects so I usually start subjects like economics a lot earlier than the others. Anyway, good luck! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by wmwaimeng
Cool. Not very sure about art subjects, I did maths, further maths, physics and economics. Personally I struggle with reading subjects so I usually start subjects like economics a lot earlier than the others. Anyway, good luck! :smile:

How would you revise for the reading subjects?
How would you revise for the reading subjects?

As for economics, I'd make acronyms since there are quite a lot of things to be memorised. I write and rewrite essays to remember better. Not sure about Literature and History, although I've heard from my friends that the answering technique (as in coherence with respect to the question) is really important.
Original post by OrionMusicNet
Isn't that a little bit early? In my school they are always after the Christmas holidays. Anyway start revising now if you wanna do well in them and make life easier / stressful.

My mocks are next week :angry:
Reply 9
Original post by OrionMusicNet

mine are at the end of November -_- (year 13 here - still need the advice lol)
Reply 10
Past papers are definitely helpful. And plan out longer answers for subjects like history. Don't waste vtime writing them in full unless you are struggling with structure. Quizzes are good. Make your own if you can't find any online
I plan to start revising for my mocks now- the sooner the better in my opinion. I'm trying to use a variety of different methods- mind maps, flash cards, loads of practice questions etc. Only reading and copying the text book is definitely not the best method

Quick Reply

Latest