The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! :smile: Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.
Original post by pottermad_
Applied for York, Leeds, Manchester, MMU and Salford. I applied for Maths.
It's just a waiting game and I'm so impatient.

Nice choices - I really liked York but unfortunately their course wasn't quite right for me. I get you! I'm a very impatient person!
[QUOTE="bioeng98;60265951"]I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! :smile: Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.[/QUOTE

you r lucky to get southampton's in 2.5 weeks.

i m still waiting , having applied 3.5 weeks ago.
Original post by bioeng98
I applied to Cambridge, Imperial College, Nottingham, Sheffield and Southampton two and a half weeks ago.

Just received my first offer today from Southampton for Mechanical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering! :smile: Not sure what it was like for other people, but Southampton was the fastest for me. Still have not heard anything from the others, but due to the vast amounts of people applying they probably have not looked at my application yet so hopefully I should hear something soon.

can u kindly tell if u r an international applicant ?
was there any interview fr southampton?
Original post by kind3110
can u kindly tell if u r an international applicant ?
was there any interview fr southampton?

Nope, not an international applicant. I think there would be interviews for some subjects, but not for the subject that I am applying for. It says that I have an offer on UCAS track conditional on me achieving A*A in maths and physics, A in further maths, though I have not had an email from Southampton itself yet. I suppose I'll probably be invited to visit Southampton for one of those applicants.

Where have you applied? Which subject(s)?
Original post by AlohaCharlotte
May I ask how long it took to receive an offer after an acknowledgement? I got an acknowledgement on monday :biggrin:

Well I sent my application on Wednesday got the acknowledgement on the Friday and recieved an offer on Wednesday so 5 days (or 3 working days)
UCL were quick to offer me an interview for English.

Durham, St. Andrews. Exeter are going to take ages though.
Original post by emmathereader
Nice choices - I really liked York but unfortunately their course wasn't quite right for me. I get you! I'm a very impatient person!

I know! I just really don't know which one I'd choose, and having no offers back really doesn't help me. I'm just really scared of 5 rejections, like I know it's not very likely but I'm just nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know! I just really don't know which one I'd choose, and having no offers back really doesn't help me. I'm just really scared of 5 rejections, like I know it's not very likely but I'm just nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

A lot of people are terrified of getting five rejections - I was - and unfortunately the only way of solving that is getting an offer. You do have a while to try and figure out which you'd choose though, and I'm trying not to think about that situation until I've heard back from a couple more unis and have a better idea of the offers I'm dealing with.
I like your username btw :P
A lot of people are terrified of getting five rejections - I was - and unfortunately the only way of solving that is getting an offer. You do have a while to try and figure out which you'd choose though, and I'm trying not to think about that situation until I've heard back from a couple more unis and have a better idea of the offers I'm dealing with.
I like your username btw :P

Yes I suppose. I'm happy that you've got an offer! Maybe it's the fact that it's only been a week since I've sent it off, just got to be patient.
I LOVE HARRY POTTER OMG ITS LITERALLY THE SOCIETY I WILL DEFINITELY JOINING!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I suppose. I'm happy that you've got an offer! Maybe it's the fact that it's only been a week since I've sent it off, just got to be patient.
I LOVE HARRY POTTER OMG ITS LITERALLY THE SOCIETY I WILL DEFINITELY JOINING!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear something in a bit :smile:
ME TOO, I'LL BE HUNTING OUT THE SOCIETY TOO :P
Thank you! I'm sure you'll hear something in a bit :smile:
ME TOO, I'LL BE HUNTING OUT THE SOCIETY TOO :P

I know, I feel quite upset we have not applied to the same uni, we could of joined together, haha!
I know, I feel quite upset we have not applied to the same uni, we could of joined together, haha!

Me too lol
Thanks, I applied for English Literature and I'm predicted A*AA :smile:

well done! I applied 6 days ago! what did you apply for and what grades are you predicted can I ask?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Applied to Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham 1 week ago

Got two offers so far- Sheffield and Nottingham so far so they were very quick, within a week! :smile:
Applied to Sheffield last week, got an offer of ABB today!
Applied for York, Leeds, Manchester, MMU and Salford. I applied for Maths.
It's just a waiting game and I'm so impatient.

Ive applied for maths at York, let me know when you hear from them?
Original post by beckylouised
Ive applied for maths at York, let me know when you hear from them?

I had my acknowledgement email last Friday but thats all I've heard off them for now.
Has anyone received offers from Coventry, DE Montfort and Nottingham Trent?xx
Original post by TheTechN1304
I applied for Japanese and German :smile:

Wenn sie nicht nach Oxford gehen, musst du nach Sheffield kommen!

Please ignore my bad German, I haven't spoken it in ages and remember I was awful at it anyway, it would be neat if you came here though :L

Latest

Trending

Trending