The Student Room Group

Quick multiple choice ques PLEASE HELP

If the long run average cost
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrMC
If the long run average costs of production for a firm fall as output rises, then we have

a) Constant returns to scale
b) Increasing returns to scale
c) Decreasing returns to scale
d) Increasing average fixed costs of production
e) Lower total costs of production

Anyone know the answer? Thanks

Which ones would you rule out immediately and why?
Reply 2
Original post by Holmstock
Which ones would you rule out immediately and why?

A and C i think, what do you think the answer is
Reply 3
it's B
Reply 4
Original post by PrathamM
it's B

That's what i was thinking... i was confused because it sounds like economies of scale is the answer but increasing returns to scale is different
Reply 5
Cgh
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrMC
That's what i was thinking... i was confused because it sounds like economies of scale is the answer but increasing returns to scale is different

With these types of question, it is helpful to think clearly about all the suggested answers. Do you think that d or e could be true? (I agree that a and c are not correct).
Reply 7
Original post by MrMC
Cheers dude!

I was also stuck on this ques if you could help :smile:

A company producing tea can make 1kg for an average variable cost of £1.20. It must pay fixed costs per month of £2,000 and the company sells 2,500kg of tea per month. If the firm decides to add a mark-up of 20% what price should it charge per 1kg of tea?a) £3.50b) £5.50c) £4.20d) £8.80e) £2.40

I think it's E. could be wrong.
Reply 8
Original post by Holmstock
With these types of question, it is helpful to think clearly about all the suggested answers. Do you think that d or e could be true? (I agree that a and c are not correct).

vbn
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MrMC
Cheers dude!

I was also stuck on this ques if you could help :smile:

A company producing tea can make 1kg for an average variable cost of £1.20. It must pay fixed costs per month of £2,000 and the company sells 2,500kg of tea per month. If the firm decides to add a mark-up of 20% what price should it charge per 1kg of tea?a) £3.50b) £5.50c) £4.20d) £8.80e) £2.40

e?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending