The Student Room Group

How many of you were born before 1995?

Scroll to see replies

haha lots of oldies..... im a millennium kid (born in January 2000) is it wrong to be proud of it? cause when someone asks im like
me: born in january
them: what year?
me: 2000
them: so your a millennium child
me*big smile*: yeah dude
Some of you guys are too old to be on a student forum lol
Original post by ZuluK
No way!!! Same

What date?

June 22nd.
A very special day in 1995
Reply 44
Original post by jammy4041
June 22nd.

**** you man don't lie!!!!!!!!! The same day as me!!! Lol
November 1999 😄
Reply 47
Original post by iamthetruth
Some of you guys are too old to be on a student forum lol

Didn't realise there was an age limit, bruh.
Does 1996 count? :colondollar:
I still find it absolutely mind-boggling that teenagers nowadays were born in the 2000's. Only 19, but I'm feeling very old; I feel like I'm savagely holding onto identifying as a teenager. :lol:
Reply 51
1995 baby :tongue:
Original post by Josb
I was already 6. :s-smilie:

I was too.
Original post by Amy. J S

I still find it absolutely mind-boggling that teenagers nowadays were born in the 2000's.

This is a really scary thought! They're not old enough to remember 9/11. I was in year 8 when that happened.
Original post by OU Student
This is a really scary thought! They're not old enough to remember 9/11. I was in year 8 when that happened.

I know what you mean! Its endless and doesn't stop. I know I was only 5 when it happened, but still. I've always held onto the fact that I was born in the 90's, I just grew up in the millenium. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Amy. J S
I know what you mean! Its endless and doesn't stop. I know I was only 5 when it happened, but still. I've always held onto the fact that I was born in the 90's, I just grew up in the millenium. :tongue:

My cousin wasn't even born when it happened. He'll be 13 in April.Just where did that time go?!
Original post by Helenia
The idea that 1995 makes you an "oldie" is adorable.

I started secondary school in 1995.

Absolutely!

Just as it may seem odd to a lot of people on here that walking and talking among them are people born pre-1995 (I was born pre-1980; OMG!!), it's equally weird to me that they weren't even born when Forrest Gump and The Shawshank Redemption came out at the cinema, The X-Files started building a cult following here on BBC2 (iirc), and Nirvana were all the rage.
Gillian Anderson aged really well, imo.
Original post by OU Student
My cousin wasn't even born when it happened. He'll be 13 in April.Just where did that time go?!

Oh, I know what you mean- I'm really starting to feel the quickness of time. I was only saying the other day I can remember turning 16, and whilst that was only nearly 4 years ago, it certainly has gone quick in some parts.

All my cousins are older than me, I only have one who is younger than and she was 10 in October. I often wonder what kids these days will grow up into- opportunities in employment, education etc. with the exponential growth in technology.
I feel like I've had a nice balance growing up. I wasn't exposed to technology as fully as children are today, but still had access to it throughout my teenage years to use for school and leisure purposes. :smile:
Born in 1988 :shakecane:

Quick Reply

Latest