The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash50
Nadal has played some good tennis of late; if he carries that form into Basel, I see him getting to the final, and if he faces federer, I can't pick a winner. It's 50:50 for me.

Federer has always got the better of Nadal indoors even when Nadal was playing some of his best tennis so in their current form, I expect an easy victory for Federer tbh.
Nadal was close today, almost got shut out in easy straight sets but clung on and did very well to get the win. Starting to see a comeback.
Original post by The_K1NG
Federer has always got the better of Nadal indoors even when Nadal was playing some of his best tennis so in their current form, I expect an easy victory for Federer tbh.

Nadal raped federer the last time they met on an indoor hard court (WTF 2013).
Original post by Smash50
Nadal raped federer the last time they met on an indoor hard court (WTF 2013).

That was 2013 Federer who was playing rubbish. Their H2H indoors is 4-1 in Federer's favour because Nadal can't hurt Federer indoors due to low bounce. I think if they play in Basel, Federer will win comfortably.
Federer-Nadal final then. Federer leads the H2H indoors 4-1 and this is 2015 Nadal but Federer himself isn't playing very well this week so it's a tough one to call. Federer in 2 tight sets for me.
Original post by The_K1NG
So 2015 is such a strong year competition wise that a 34 year Fed is still ranked 2 while a 29 year old Nadal is getting beaten by the first decent opponent that he faces? So in other words, the competition this year got too strong for Nadal to handle hence his struggles this year? I agree with that.

No...Idk how you jumped to that conclusion. Nadal had a hard year and has been extremely out of prime. it could've happened to anyone. It happened to Nadal and not Fed. Big deal. Prime Nadal would s*it on everyone except Djokovic today. Prime Nadal has already s*at on prime Fed. 23-10 lol. And no, "Fed doesn't play well on a certain court" isn't an excuse. If he was GOAT he would dominate on all courts.
I really hope Nadal recovers his form and trashes Fed a couple more times.
Original post by mrno1324
No...Idk how you jumped to that conclusion. Nadal had a hard year and has been extremely out of prime. it could've happened to anyone. It happened to Nadal and not Fed. Big deal. Prime Nadal would s*it on everyone except Djokovic today. Prime Nadal has already s*at on prime Fed. 23-10 lol. And no, "Fed doesn't play well on a certain court" isn't an excuse. If he was GOAT he would dominate on all courts.

Blah blah blah stop crying. Already done at 29 and he is the GOAT. Federer and Djokovic are both better than him. Nadal had his period of dominance over them due to his superior athleticism but he is nowhere near as talented as them which is why Federer is still a top player at 34 and Djokovic will be a top player in his 30s and Nadal is already done at 29 because when it's all said and done, talent always wins over athleticism. Nadal will retired by the end of next year. Enjoy the last few moments of Nadal's career where he will likely lose to the first decent player who doesn't choke against him.
Finally Federer wins a close match against Nadal. It's much better than winning in straight sets.
Original post by mrno1324

Federer has been pretty dominant on all surfaces. Who do you feel has dominated all courts more than federer?
Original post by Chief Wiggum
Federer has been pretty dominant on all surfaces. Who do you feel has dominated all courts more than federer?

Djokovic
Reply 4470
Original post by Chief Wiggum

Djokovic is the most complete player I've seen, when all is said and done Fed will remain 3rd best clay courter, 2nd best hard court player and 1st on Grass, Nadal however will remain 1st on clay, and 3 on other surfaces. Djokovic on the other hand will be 1st on Hard courts, 2nd on clay and 2nd on Grass too between these 3 players.
Weird air shot from Cilic today. One of the strangest things on a court I've seen this year.
Reply 4472
Gasquet back in to the top 10, finally! :love:
Original post by RyJ
Gasquet back in to the top 10, finally! :love:

He deserves it, great year for him.
Reply 4474
Such a shame, Berdych really deserved that win against Djokovic.
Djokovic really shouldn't be struggling this much against Berdych.
Does anyone here have experience with the Wimbledon tickets ballot? Sent my initial letter off over a month ago and still haven't received the application back. Is this normal or should I give them a call?
Original post by lizzy95
Does anyone here have experience with the Wimbledon tickets ballot? Sent my initial letter off over a month ago and still haven't received the application back. Is this normal or should I give them a call?

I have tried unsuccessfully for the last two years. My elderly grandmother is a big fan, so I always try and get her tickets to Centre or Court Number One, because she can't really be in the sunlight for hours on end and they're the most comfortable.

It is a really poor system, like anything these days.
Original post by Mackay
I have tried unsuccessfully for the last two years. My elderly grandmother is a big fan, so I always try and get her tickets to Centre or Court Number One, because she can't really be in the sunlight for hours on end and they're the most comfortable.

It is a really poor system, like anything these days.

Yeah it would be a lot better if it was all online, the postal application system is inefficient to say the least. Hopefully it's third time lucky :smile:
Original post by lizzy95
Yeah it would be a lot better if it was all online, the postal application system is inefficient to say the least. Hopefully it's third time lucky :smile:

Amen! Best of luck to you, too.

Quick Reply

Latest