The Student Room Group

I can't remember my french paragraph

I memorised 2 out of 3 paragraphs I never cheat everyone in my class does I don't want to but the test is tomorrow and I keep forgetting the 3 paragraph I don't want to fail or cheat I feel like I am desperate.I don't want to cheat it is wrong.I can't memorise it.
Alright so what you want us to tell you, go ahead cheat just this once it's OK ?
Reply 2
If it's difficult to remember try learning the the first few words or key words in the order they come in to stimulate your memory for the whole sentence. Might be able to jog your memory and write out the paragraph.
I find reciting it the best but I only found out this method couple days age I could learn in 2-3 hours and the writing methods did not work well for me.So I started learning it properly couple days ago.
I find reciting it the best but I only found out this method couple days age I could learn in 2-3 hours and the writing methods did not work well for me.So I started learning it properly couple days ago.I learn paragraph 1 and 2 2 days each it worked so well but I can't remember the enitre 3 one as I started learning it today.
Original post by Anonymous1502
I memorised 2 out of 3 paragraphs I never cheat everyone in my class does I don't want to but the test is tomorrow and I keep forgetting the 3 paragraph I don't want to fail or cheat I feel like I am desperate.I don't want to cheat it is wrong.I can't memorise it.

I'd be very surprised if the bold was true if this 'test' is worth anything at all in the grand scheme of things. If it's just a class test, I don't know why you're having such a moral dilemma: just fail it and do better in the exams that actually matter.

No, it's not okay to cheat. Not even if your whole class apparently does it. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
I'd be very surprised if the bold was true if this 'test' is worth anything at all in the grand scheme of things. If it's just a class test, I don't know why you're having such a moral dilemma: just fail it and do better in the exams that actually matter.

No, it's not okay to cheat. Not even if your whole class apparently does it. :tongue:

it is 15% of my grade my coursework
it is 15% of my grade my coursework

Then I don't see how your claim that everybody in your class cheats stands up.

There is such a thing as an invigilator, you know. This is either a simple class test whose significance you're inflating or you just made up that nonsense about everybody in your class being a cheater to justify the fact that you're thinking of cheating.

In either case, it's just one paragraph. If you have even a basic understanding of French, it shouldn't be this hard. Certainly not hard enough for you to tell atrocious lies about your classmates behind their backs.

You did say it was today so let us know how it turned out. :tongue:
Original post by Hydeman
Then I don't see how your claim that everybody in your class cheats stands up.

There is such a thing as an invigilator, you know. This is either a simple class test whose significance you're inflating or you just made up that nonsense about everybody in your class being a cheater to justify the fact that you're thinking of cheating.

In either case, it's just one paragraph. If you have even a basic understanding of French, it shouldn't be this hard. Certainly not hard enough for you to tell atrocious lies about your classmates behind their backs.

You did say it was today so let us know how it turned out. :tongue:

I asked my teacher to give me 1 extra day to learn she agreed I will do it tomorrow.
I asked my teacher to give me 1 extra day to learn she agreed I will do it tomorrow.

So it's not coursework at all, then. When I studied a language at GCSE (not so long ago), you had to do it on a certain day or fail it. The only time this wasn't the case was when a boy started crying and the teacher felt sorry for him to the extent that she was okay with bending the rules slightly. :tongue:

You can get attention without lying, you know. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Hydeman
So it's not coursework at all, then. When I studied a language at GCSE (not so long ago), you had to do it on a certain day or fail it. The only time this wasn't the case was when a boy started crying and the teacher felt sorry for him to the extent that she broke the rules for him. :tongue:

You can get attention without lying, you know. :tongue:

It is but my school allows as to redo work to get a better grade so they send another edition to the exam board.Our school teacher does not examine properly but marks some books during the time so it is easy to get away with cheating if someone wants to.

Learn how you learnt the two other paragraphs. Read, write and rewrite the paragraph over and over again. You could also try recording yourself saying it and then listen to it a few times- this works well for some people.
It is but my school allows as to redo work to get a better grade so they send another edition to the exam board.Our school teacher does not examine properly but marks some books during the time so it is easy to get away with cheating if someone wants to.

Well, isn't your school a bastion of fairness... :tongue: It's schools like yours that make the case for doing away with coursework altogether such an appealing option. It's hardly fair on people in other schools who do their coursework under exam conditions and give their students only one attempt at it. Such are the consequences of a grade-obsessed education system.

I still very much doubt that you're the sole person in your class who doesn't cheat. That sounds like the sort of, 'oh look at me, being punished for doing the right thing' sob story that isn't exactly rare on the Internet.
Original post by Hydeman
Well, isn't your school a bastion of fairness... :tongue: It's schools like yours that make the case for doing away with coursework altogether such an appealing option. It's hardly fair on people in other schools who do their coursework under exam conditions and give their students only one attempt at it. Such are the consequences of a grade-obsessed education system.

I still very much doubt that you're the sole person in your class who doesn't cheat. That sounds like the sort of, 'oh look at me, being punished for doing the right thing' sob story that isn't exactly rare on the Internet.

I don't cheat
I don't cheat

I didn't say you did. I simply pointed out that your assertion that everybody else in your class cheats is nonsense and indicative of the kind of attention-seeking sob story one often finds on TSR and the wider Internet. Your teacher may be marking when you're doing your coursework, but unless he/she is blind and deaf, I very much doubt that everybody but one person is cheating.

In summary: Ask advice on how to memorise something all you want; don't make up lies just to make yourself sound like a noble person in a sea of corruption. :tongue:

I'd go as far as saying that the fact that you don't decline these favours your school does for you (letting you have several attempts at it and then sending only the best version) is in itself cheating. Just because it's sanctioned by your school doesn't mean it's not. :tongue:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest