The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Original post by desmoulins
Warwick, of course... I also know people who've got them from Kent, Lancaster, Glasgow, Kings, and Cardiff :smile: Still waiting for all of mine, I applied to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter & Edinburgh a couple weeks ago now... That said, it's for French & Russian so I assume everything will have to go through two departments which takes longer.

Ha! Might be seeing you at Uni then! I applied to Cambridge, Durham, St Andrews, Exeter and Royal Holloway although it was for English! Good luck with it!
Reply 821
Original post by sportyannie
Hi guys,
Just got my unconditional offer from Leicester Uni to study Biological sciences!!

Congratulations!
Original post by Tom5pence
Englisb lit offers anyone?

Yeah, I've had offers from Chester and Lancaster for English Lit and Creative Writing. On Wednesday Liverpool Hope said they would let me know within 7 days if I had an offer. Had an acknowledgement from Bangor and have heard nothing from York St John.
Where have you applied??
Original post by Reader106
Withdrawing from Aston which was going to be my firm :colone:

Why, if it's your preferred choice?
Had offers from Liverpool, LSE and Royal Holloway - Liverpool came almost overnight, Royal Holloway within a fortnight and four weeks for LSE.
I'm still waiting on Cambridge and Leeds. All for politics related courses btw.

Had friends doing engineering at Edinburgh, geography at Leeds and Sheffield, business management at Huddersfield and Law at East Anglia who have offers so far.
Applied for History on October 23rd:

University of Leeds- (Conditional AAA- 4th November)
Royal Holloway (Conditional ABB- 29th October)
Loughborough (Conditional ABB- 26th October)
Durham
University of Sheffield

Interestingly Royal Holloway was a substitute after I decided I did not want to go to Birmingham, so they actually also replied within 3 days.
I also have a friend who sent her application the same day for English Literature.
Lincoln- Conditional 25th October
East Anglia- Unconditional 25th October
University of Leeds- Conditional 3rd November

She's still waiting on Durham and Sheffield
Original post by whofromwhoville
Yeah, I've had offers from Chester and Lancaster for English Lit and Creative Writing. On Wednesday Liverpool Hope said they would let me know within 7 days if I had an offer. Had an acknowledgement from Bangor and have heard nothing from York St John.
Where have you applied??

Ah well done :smile: Well I am applying for Newcastle, Kings, Bristol, Edinbrugh and Manchester :smile: I am sending my application off tomorrow
Original post by georgiaf
Exeter have started giving out offers for arts subjects; I have one for English and my friend has one for History. York were also very quick to start giving out offers, although I have friends who are only just getting offers now :biggrin:

Congrats!!! I have an offer from Exeter for English too - it's my first offer :smile:
I'm waiting on Durham, St. Andrews, UCL and Oxford for an interview
Where have you applied to? xx
Reply 829
Original post by laurenmccready
Internal conditional offer for BSc Adult Nursing at Plymouth University for the Feb 2016 intake 😊

Hi. I've got an interview for Adult nursing for the Feb intake on the 19th! How did yours go? I'm nervous!

xx
I applied on 22nd october for politics, and heard back from Kings, Liverpool and Loughborough within a week. Still waiting on Leeds and Hull :s-smilie:
Original post by ziggyystardust
Congrats!!! I have an offer from Exeter for English too - it's my first offer :smile:
I'm waiting on Durham, St. Andrews, UCL and Oxford for an interview
Where have you applied to? xx

You too! I'm waiting on Durham, Edinburgh and Oxford for an interview too. Also have an offer from York which is reassuring! x
Original post by AmyPilot
Why, if it's your preferred choice?

It was going to be my firm for the wrong reasons; it's fairly local and I thought the campus was pretty:redface: but apparently they're one of the last universities to give out offers. No point waiting if I have an Uncondtional from Uni of Birmingham (which was going to be my insurance anyway).
Original post by Sanchiacook
image.jpeg
Spanish with International Business. Was the first acknowledgement email I received out of my 5 choices.

I sent my application on the 13th of October and have had no acknowledgement email from them but I just got an offer yesterday for English. What's you offer conditional to?
Original post by Reader106
It was going to be my firm for the wrong reasons; it's fairly local and I thought the campus was pretty:redface: but apparently they're one of the last universities to give out offers. No point waiting if I have an Uncondtional from Uni of Birmingham (which was going to be my insurance anyway).

Fair enough if you are happy with Birmingham (especially as its unconditional!) - but why not just sit back and see what happens? No rush to confirm your choices - I didn't push that button until around April time when I applied. I'd take your time - in case you have a change of heart - I have seen this happen.

Good luck :smile:
Anyone got anything in relation to Paramedic Science ?
Hi, I'm an American, and I've received two answers so far.

I've applied to:
Cambridge, King's College (nothing yet, but that's assumed lol)
University of Edinburgh (I interviewed with them about two weeks ago in Washington, D.C., but nothing yet)
King's College, London (a rejection, they thought my maths were too low...? :-( )
University College London (A conditional offer)
Applied to Bristol for BSc Virology and Immunology on the 14th of October and received an offer within a week! :smile:
Original post by julia.mp
Hi, I'm an American, and I've received two answers so far.

I've applied to:
Cambridge, King's College (nothing yet, but that's assumed lol)
University of Edinburgh (I interviewed with them about two weeks ago in Washington, D.C., but nothing yet)
King's College, London (a rejection, they thought my maths were too low...? :-( )
University College London (A conditional offer)

It'd help if you said what course you've applied for :smile:
Original post by Princepieman
It'd help if you said what course you've applied for :smile:

Oops, sorry. I actually applied for different subjects at every university. They're all related, though. I also forgot to say I applied to St. Andrew's. Sorry again!

KCL - plain Psychology
Edinburgh - Cognitive Science
UCL - Psychology and Language sciences
Cambridge - Psychological and Behavioural sciences
St. Andrew's - Psychology and Philosophy
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending