The Student Room Group

Mocks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xGCSE_Studentx
I'm more of a last minute kinda person too so I can't help you there all I can say is limit your distractions to ensure you do things straight away usually that's what prevents me from getting on

Will do :biggrin:

Spoiler

Original post by BlueBlueBells
Will do :biggrin:

Spoiler

As long as you are trying then carry on girl what's stopping you - the first step is always the hardest just remember that get into a to routine and you'll be fine
As long as you are trying then carry on girl what's stopping you - the first step is always the hardest just remember that get into a to routine and you'll be fine

Just got to find a good time to start that routine. Still, thanks for the advice :biggrin: and I hope you do well in your mocks too :h:
Original post by BlueBlueBells
Just got to find a good time to start that routine. Still, thanks for the advice :biggrin: and I hope you do well in your mocks too :h:

Yeah time management can be tough and your welcome anytime I'm always here if you need to chat exam talk lol thank you x I hope you ace yours !!
Original post by brainzistheword
Thanks for that - do you repeat th and if so how long after?

I usually repeat it until I can recite it in my own words without any help of any resources
Physics is the subject I want to do at Uni :smile: I like varying my revision so I have a revision question card on everything in the revision guide and basically make mind maps, do past papers and make summary notes. But I would love something else to try - it all seems to get repetitive as I'm sure you know :wink:

There are some good apps for revision that i used last year such as gojimo & for languages memrise. For the sciences aqa do revision apps but you have to pay for the full version
I'm predicted to achieve Bs in all of my subjects, which are iGCSE English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Science, Sociology, French and Performing Arts.

However, I'm nonetheless expecting to achieve at least an A in all of them apart from Maths and Science, the latter of which I'm completely freaking out about because I missed out on studying Core Science in Year 9 due to not attending my current school at the time. :frown:

My mocks start on Thursday and continue for another two weeks; asides from Science (I'm only being examined on Core because I haven't finished studying Additional yet), I'm not panicking much and am hoping to do rather well, even in the likes of Maths! Hope that everyone else manages to keep their cool and not have a spectacular meltdown over sensory neurones like me! :P

In terms of how I'm revising for my mocks, flashcards, looking at exam papers and writing notes have worked pretty well for me; even though mind maps are useful, staring at a sheet of paper crammed with thousands of words is a bit intimidating when you could still get the same points across on a smaller and kinder-looking flashcard!
Original post by sharmacka
I usually repeat it until I can recite it in my own words without any help of any resources

That's a great way to do it - thanks for that!
Original post by CharmingCat
I'm predicted to achieve Bs in all of my subjects, which are iGCSE English Language, English Literature, Maths, Double Science, Sociology, French and Performing Arts.

However, I'm nonetheless expecting to achieve at least an A in all of them apart from Maths and Science, the latter of which I'm completely freaking out about because I missed out on studying Core Science in Year 9 due to not attending my current school at the time. :frown:

My mocks start on Thursday and continue for another two weeks; asides from Science (I'm only being examined on Core because I haven't finished studying Additional yet), I'm not panicking much and am hoping to do rather well, even in the likes of Maths! Hope that everyone else manages to keep their cool and not have a spectacular meltdown over sensory neurones like me! :P

In terms of how I'm revising for my mocks, flashcards, looking at exam papers and writing notes have worked pretty well for me; even though mind maps are useful, staring at a sheet of paper crammed with thousands of words is a bit intimidating when you could still get the same points across on a smaller and kinder-looking flashcard!

Good luck for your mocks, from what I can gather I'm sure you will do well. I completely understand the intimidation with mind maps and do prefer flashcards - but I'm sure there are still techniques out there that I have yet to try. :smile:
Good luck for your mocks, from what I can gather I'm sure you will do well. I completely understand the intimidation with mind maps and do prefer flashcards - but I'm sure there are still techniques out there that I have yet to try. :smile:

Thank you, I wish you the best of luck with your mocks, too. :smile: So far, the flashcards have proved useful in the mocks that I have sat, and I'm literally going to spend the whole weekend creating more of them! When are you sitting your mocks?
Original post by CharmingCat
Thank you, I wish you the best of luck with your mocks, too. :smile: So far, the flashcards have proved useful in the mocks that I have sat, and I'm literally going to spend the whole weekend creating more of them! When are you sitting your mocks?

I have mine on the 23rd of November and have 10 exams over 5 days - including 3 on the friday :O

Good luck for the rest of them!
That's a great way to do it - thanks for that!

No problem. Glad I could help
So it's mocks on Monday - anyone got any suggestions for last minute revision?
i'm sure you'll be alright! mine are in 4 weeks exact but i haven't really started revising heavily yet oops

How did you get on and have you got more in the next few weeks - mine are next week. If you have time please check out this:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3897511

Quick Reply

Latest