The Student Room Group

The FA Cup Thread 2015-16

First round started last night, with Salford emerging victorious and Gary Neville going duly mental in the crowd.

Use this thread for all your discussion until the final next May.

Scroll to see replies

I'm amazed that Wealdstone's game isn't being televised, you'd think they would milk having the Wealdstone Raider on air
Reply 2
Original post by sr90
I'm amazed that Wealdstone's game isn't being televised, you'd think they would milk having the Wealdstone Raider on air

I'm amazed Coventry and Northampton's meeting isn't, given the former's history at Sixfields a couple of years ago and the latter's current off-the-field turmoil.
Original post by sr90

You want some :p: anyway yeah big up to Salford last night, bound to be some more surprises this weekend.
Reply 4
Come on Barwell.
Altrincham are at it again beating League sides.
Reply 6
Coventry exit at the first stage to lower league opposition once again, but it was a fantastic day for the Cobblers fans. They took 2,500 and it's great to see them flourishing on the pitch amid the off the field turmoil.

Coventry obviously missed Adam Armstrong and Kent.
Shame for Wealdstone in the end losing 6-2, well pleased for Stourbridge though winning.
Reply 8
Just saw the highlights of the Colchester win. Wealdstone fans got their money's worth in fairness.

Shout out to Bury for battering Wigan 4-0.
Get in Alty!
Reply 10
Poor Barwell. Always a shame when a fairytale doesn't materialise.
Whitehawk with their premier league shirt numbers; they'll be a match for anybody.

Oh, and Barry Hayles wins the Barry Hayles derby for Chesham:wink:
Reply 12
Some great goals this weekend - McQuoid for Luton, Williams for Northwich, Murphy for Coventry etc.
Big shock with Chesham knocking out Bristol Rovers, unfortunately for FC United they are already 2 down against Chesterfield after just 12 minutes.
Original post by shawn_o1
Oh, and Barry Hayles wins the Barry Hayles derby for Chesham:wink:

How the **** is he still playing? He must have been 30 odd when I got into football and that was late 90s
Original post by sr90
How the **** is he still playing? He must have been 30 odd when I got into football and that was late 90s

He's about 43 now but just loves the game and doesn't plan to stop anytime soon.
Barry Hayles is a bonafide legend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60NB9oiOkDE

what a finish that was.
Original post by sr90

I have no idea either. He's 42 and had played in the premier league with mighty Fulham. Initially I thought he was manager of chesham, turns out he's player-coach
3-0 now to Chesterfield
Reply 19
Salford City awarded another home tie in the second round, but FC United bow out after being outclassed (expectedly) to Chesterfield.

Quick Reply

Latest