The Student Room Group

D at AS.....

I got a D in english literature AS and I was wondering, whats the highest grade i could get for the whole A level? Or what would I need to get at A2 to get a decent grade. I'm not resitting btw.
i'm sorry, i read the title as "Dat Ass" and that's why i'm here ://

Spoiler

looooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Original post by pizzad0gs

Spoiler

Reply 3
i think if you got 100% in everything you could go up 2 grades higher max (if you don't resit...) meaning a B
Reply 4
All depends on UMS. At AS a D is a minimum of of 100ums. For your overall grade you need a total of 240ums for c, 280 for a B and 300ums for an A. So at A2 you need about 180Ums (A in both units) to secure a B. Yes i know it can be confusing :?
Reply 5
a high D would be (in theory) 59/100, whereas a low B would be 70/100- so if you got 80+/100 then it would be possible (basically decent A grades)...
it all depends though on your actual exam marks :smile:
Reply 6

Spoiler

:biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by tom294
All depends on UMS. At AS a D is a minimum of of 100ums. For your overall grade you need a total of 240ums for c, 280 for a B and 300ums for an A. So at A2 you need about 180Ums (A in both units) to secure a B. Yes i know it can be confusing :?

Thank you! I understand...I got 106 UMS overall last year...
Reply 8
Thank you to everyone who helped out!!! :biggrin:

Spoiler

You're right, you can't get higher than a B because for Biology I had a D and I need more than 300 this year to get an A which is IMPOSSIBLE.
Original post by amyhtml
:biggrin::biggrin:
What would I need in A2 to get a B overall? :smile:

this is probably the answer you didn't want, but revise revise revise!! i don't actually study the subject, but read the books you're studying as many times as you can fit in before the exam, read all the york notes and cliff's notes and whatever else notes there are, make summary sheets, flashcards, etc.
REVISE EARLY (this is what I learned from also doing AS levels last year, while yes, i did get good grades, i also had about 50 mental breakdowns whilst cramming)

good luck!! :biggrin:
Reply 11
this is probably the answer you didn't want, but revise revise revise!! i don't actually study the subject, but read the books you're studying as many times as you can fit in before the exam, read all the york notes and cliff's notes and whatever else notes there are, make summary sheets, flashcards, etc.
REVISE EARLY (this is what I learned from also doing AS levels last year, while yes, i did get good grades, i also had about 50 mental breakdowns whilst cramming)

good luck!! :biggrin:

Thank you lovely!! I'll try my best :redface: Good luck for all your subjects too!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest