The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm still waiting :'(. I received some spammy email from UCAS a moment ago. My heart jumped for a fraction of a second ... and then i realised it still says all unis are "considering" my application.

I feel like I'm in limbo ....

:frown:
Original post by monalizza
Do you guys think it is possible to get an uncoditional offer for law? I didn't send my application off yet, I am just wondering btw :smile:

I received one a day after applying to Royal Holloway, but I was already exceeding their requirement by quiet few points
Reply 102
Just got an offer from Exeter!!😀😀
Original post by fs1
QMUL replied so quickly to you congrats for the offer!!! I'm still waiting to here back from them and I sent my app off on the 14th October. Do you mind me asking what your grades are like?

Original post by Praveen101
Wow that was really fast, wjat wereyour gcses and As grades and subs ifydma

Thank you! Don't worry, I think they're vary in response times. Yeah I got A*AAAAAAAB at GCSE and AAAB (dropped the B) at AS, I think my predicted grades in the end were A*A*A - but it may have been A*AA I'm not entirely sure.
Hope that helps!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 104
Original post by kirblaw3
Thank you! Don't worry, I think they're vary in response times. Yeah I got A*AAAAAAAB at GCSE and AAAB (dropped the B) at AS, I think my predicted grades in the end were A*A*A - but it may have been A*AA I'm not entirely sure.
Hope that helps!

Thank you and congrats again! You must have had a killer ps to hear back from them so quickly. Well done!!!
Original post by galatasaray1905
i received an offer yesterday from Royal Holloway and applied on Nov 9, others are still considering. But i assume that it would at least take a month or two :/

It all depends on which universities you've applied to. :wink: Warick is giving offers away pretty much non-stop. :biggrin:
When I applied it took at least 1.5 months before I got any offers or was invited to interview. It can seem a long process, but pls bare in mind that the time is not because their oowing and ahhing over you, its because of administrative backlog. Some are quicker than others at it.

Additionally I'm a final year law student so if anyone has any questions for me do go ahead. Additionally I got offers from all the uni's I applied to and was predicted AAA (got AAB in the end):

York (where I am now and my firm)
Cardiff (my insurance)
Newcastle
Manchester
Glasgow
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 107
I sent off my UCAS application last Monday and so far I've received offers from Kent (AAB), Liverpool (AAB), Hertfordshire (280 points) and Sheffield (AAB-ABB).

Still waiting to hear from Bristol which is where I really want to go! 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Original post by LegalUnd
Thanks!
Yes I take the EPQ. I applied for the French Law course, their offer was AAB or ABB if I get a B in the EPQ :smile:
Good luck! Where have you applied/thinking of applying?

Eeep, I've applied for the French Law course too! I received an offer today for the same conditions 😬

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by saule1116
It all depends on which universities you've applied to. :wink: Warick is giving offers away pretty much non-stop. :biggrin:

yeah well also depends on whether you meet/exceed their requirements and expectations. Where have you applied to?
Reply 110
Got an offer from Exeter yesterday! Also applied to QMUL, Bristol, Cardiff and warwick :smile:
I've got 4/5 in just waiting for Birmingham (the one I want) - it's tense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 112
My application was sent off on Friday, so five days ago and I've got an offer from UEA for law with american law, offer from newcastle, an invitation to an interview from york but not heard from manchester or queen mary yet
Hey, does anyone have any idea when Bristol, Nottingham and Durham are expected to start giving out replies (or if they have already started). I already have an Unconditional from Birmingham and AAB for Cardiff so far :-) xxx
Original post by Kafxxx
My application was sent off on Friday, so five days ago and I've got an offer from UEA for law with american law, offer from newcastle, an invitation to an interview from york but not heard from manchester or queen mary yet

Well done!!! that is super quick to get that many offers xxx
Reply 115
Original post by gabrielladelaney
Well done!!! that is super quick to get that many offers xxx

Thank you!! well done to you too! Just seen your question above this and I've heard that Durham tend to give out offers in the new year, but don't know about the others sorry xx
Original post by saule1116

Really? Did you receive an offer?

I'm in a different boat as I completed a Cert. of HE in Legal Methods @ Birkbeck. It's a level 4 qualification which is higher than A-levels (A-levels are level 3) and I got a distinction. I've asked them (along with all my other unis) if they're happy to consider my application? And they said yes on the condition that I receive a distinction.

I think it's a bit different if you're a "mature" applicant. :frown:
anyone that receives/received offers from KCL, Bristol, LSE, and UCL please let me know! :biggrin: its only been three days since I have applied, but i am still freaking out
Reply 118
Original post by galatasaray1905
anyone that receives/received offers from KCL, Bristol, LSE, and UCL please let me know! :biggrin: its only been three days since I have applied, but i am still freaking out

what grades did you apply to LSE with, if you don't mind me asking?
Reply 119
I also received an offer from QMUL on 2nd November after sending my UCAS on the 23rd October, I wouldn't worry too much about AS grades as mine were not the best as long as you were predicted A*AA I'm sure they'll give you an offe :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending