The Student Room Group

2016 FCA Supervision Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheEssence
Passed the telephone interview and invited to the Assessment Centre. It's next monday, though. Crazy!

Well done, Could you kindly share some information about the assessment center once you had yours.
Original post by Combat
I had my phone interview today and they invited me for an assessment centre.

The questions for the phone interview were:

Why the FCA
Why this programme
Challenges to the FCA
Example of team work
What excites you to work for the FCA

Did anybody here get asked questions different from the above in their phone interview?
(edited 8 years ago)
All i can say about the AC is that it follows the structure on the website. Written analysis task, presentation on the task, an interview and a group exercise.

There was no retesting for the numerical or logical tests, but I cannot say for sure if this will be the case for all Assessment Centres.
Reply 23
Hi guys,
I just wanted to ask whether anyone who has already done the motivational questions had to do it within 2 days of receiving the email to complete the online tests, or can you take your time and complete it?
Original post by SanaS123
Hi guys,
I just wanted to ask whether anyone who has already done the motivational questions had to do it within 2 days of receiving the email to complete the online tests, or can you take your time and complete it?

Don't think there's a time limit for that. Good luck
Reply 25
Original post by jellybob
Don't think there's a time limit for that. Good luck

Thank you!
Reply 26
Original post by TheEssence
All i can say about the AC is that it follows the structure on the website. Written analysis task, presentation on the task, an interview and a group exercise.

There was no retesting for the numerical or logical tests, but I cannot say for sure if this will be the case for all Assessment Centres.

Thank you for information!!! Can you tell me how many people were at AC and Does Presentation task base on the same set of information like written once?
And Approximately, how many pages had report to review?
Hi there, I've been invited to an assessment day but have had issues scheduling as it states it's always full. Does anyone else have this issue?
Reply 28
Anyone know if they give out offers on a rolling basis or after they've done all the assessment centres?
Original post by woshini
Anyone know if they give out offers on a rolling basis or after they've done all the assessment centres?

They give offers to the exceptionally good ones first, others are all being offered in Feburary next year.
Hi, does anyone know whether they use 24 hour clock for interview times. There is just a time with no am or pm, I have probably answered my own question, but I get paranoid around job application.

Thanks.
Original post by Curly_hair_girl
Hi, does anyone know whether they use 24 hour clock for interview times. There is just a time with no am or pm, I have probably answered my own question, but I get paranoid around job application.

Thanks.

Yes it's a 24 hour clock. They even sometimes have evening slots at 20:00 or 21:00 for those wanting to do theirs after work or school.
Original post by Skyblue_1
Hi there, I've been invited to an assessment day but have had issues scheduling as it states it's always full. Does anyone else have this issue?

Absolutely, I've had to wait a very long time for slots to become available and finally re-schedule an interview that was already previously scheduled but they then cancelled. I even had issues with the system going back to showing the screen it had displayed before the invite to interview was sent - saying along the lines of 'thanks for your application, we'll be in touch with invite to interview' and not registering that I'd already been invited - so I couldn't access interview slots page to check if any were available and I had to email them to get the thing fixed.

They send email notifications to let you know when the system has been updated with new slots.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Combat

The questions for the phone interview were:

Why the FCA
Why this programme
Challenges to the FCA
Example of team work
What excites you to work for the FCA

So I'm guessing everyone gets asked the same questions on phone interview and nobody here got any different questions? Please let us know if any different. Many thanks.
Reply 34
anyone heard back from AC yet?
Original post by yoblue
anyone heard back from AC yet?

Not yet. When did you have your AC? I had it last week.
Original post by CompliNut
So I'm guessing everyone gets asked the same questions on phone interview and nobody here got any different questions? Please let us know if any different. Many thanks.

Finally get to do my phone interview tomorrow morning after waiting forever for them to fix the system so I could see the available slots page.
Keen to hear from anyone who received any other questions different from the five identified above earlier in this thread.
Otherwise I guess I'll just wait and see what comes up. Wish me luck!
(edited 8 years ago)
The answer is that the phone interview questions definitely do vary a bit.

Questions I got:
Why do you think you are well-suited for the FCA?
What excites you about working for the FCA?
Where does the FCA fit into your career aspirations?
Why do you think that the FCA is important to financial services?
What challenges do you see the FCA facing?
What achievement of the FCA really stands out for you?
What extra-curricular activities have you done that you think will prepare you well for working at the FCA?
What examples of outside experience do you have that can display your level of commercial awareness in financial services? (if no direct experience, can refer to things you've read about FS)
What is your general style of influencing someone to come around to your way of thinking - tell me about a time you influenced someone to come around to your way of thinking.
Tell me about a time when you could not have achieved success without the help of others.
(edited 8 years ago)
Also for people wondering how long to wait to hear back after the phone interview, they say it should be within 5 working days, afterwhich you can chase them.
You'll get another phone call with interview feedback whichever way the result goes.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 39
Original post by jellybob
Not yet. When did you have your AC? I had it last week.

guys, have you checked your status on FCA Career website? I had AC last week too. I am still waiting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending