The Student Room Group

Personal statement help

I am looking to apply for both Child nursing and primary education, does anybody have any ideas of what I can write in my personal statement to generalise it to both courses?
Original post by courtney w
I am looking to apply for both Child nursing and primary education, does anybody have any ideas of what I can write in my personal statement to generalise it to both courses?

You need to demonstrate a strong interest in your chosen subject, and knowledge too, through work experience. Do you have work experience for both? If you do, I recommend that you pick one subject and draw on your experience in your personal statement. If you get to results day and decide that you would really prefer the other subject, consider reapplying next year.
Original post by courtney w

Choose which one you really want and apply only for that. Both courses are hugely competitive, have different requirements as far as work experience goes and the smallest hint of lack of commitment will be the fastest route to the reject pile.
Reply 3
Hi!
I'm in my first year of Primary Education with QTS. I had originally applied for Childrens nursing but was rejected from all my uni choices after attending interviews (they were quite hard). One of the uni's suggested I was more suitable for Primary Education so I applied for the course and received offers straight away. All I can say is that I have loved every single aspect the course so far although I still miss the idea of studying childrens nursing. I can give you some example paragraphs of what I wrote in both personal statements for each of the course.
1st Para for Nursing Personal Statement:
Reply 4
Hi, yeah that would be great thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending