The Student Room Group

Question for black girls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.

Using instragram as a guide to what black women are like, is iike me using Jeremy Kyle as a guide, to what white women are like.
Are you only interested in a relationship where the guy has money and bling and materialistic possessions? Do other things come into consideration or is it only money and popularity that matter?

The reason why I want to ask only black girls is because I am strongly attracted to a lot of black chicks but I find that when I look at their attitude towards life or their instagram page it's always full of the "money over everything" hip hop/ghetto/ "make it rain" hood stripper motto on life. I used to think like this too but have since moved on mentally, money isn't everything to me.

Overwhelmingly black girls seem to be like this "only thing that matters is money baby". I can never find a black girl with other interests outside of money and buying materialistic things and showing off for popularity, but with white chicks you've got the materialistic ones but you can also find ones that have other interests too, but I can't find no black girls that stand out from the hip hop sorta girls.

Hi,black girl here.
My answer to your question is no. The fact you agree with the stereotype of black girls being ghetto and materialistic suggests black girls are not interested in you because of your blatant racism . To suggest the generalisation that most girls let alone,black girls are all golddigging is actually quite sexist. To make a general judgement on a whole race of women is quite sad also,but not all girls are the same. You must have had some experiences,plus racism and sexism isn't at all attractive.
Good day. =)
I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.

lol what, don't know where your looking for girls. How old are you btw, your clearly young and haven't travelled around a lot.
Original post by Mannz
How many black girls have you actually met? Because it sounds like you either haven't met many at all, or have met a few who are all from the same area or perhaps the same friendship group.

When it comes down to it, you cannot simply generalise all black girls based on your experience of the few you have met. When you say "their attitude" or "their instagram", as a black girl myself, it's offensive since we are all separate beings. I personally do not want to be classed or grouped anyone; black, white, asian or of any ethnicity whose main goal in life is to be with a rich man and do nothing for myself. Furthermore, the fact that you think all black girls have a "hood stipper motto on life" deeply concerns me since I, as a black girl with aspirations (to become a lawyer if you're interested), have honestly never met a black girl, or any girl for that matter which has "make it rain" attitudes... aside from one girl who says thing like that as a joke. Generally, most girls with such an attitude are joking. You cannot, however, apply one general attitude to all black girls. We are all different.

The majority of us (I say majority because I cannot speak for all and even then, I am generalising) are normal human beings. And if you approached us without these aforementioned views and assumptions of what "black chicks" want in life, you may be surprised. Remember, every person is different. The only thing I have in common with the next black girl is skin colour. And even that is probably a different tone. We have different interests, ideals and upbringings. Just like if I met you, I would not base my opinion of white guys (I'm assuming that's what you are) on only you.

Try to keep that in mind.

FYI, I like jazz, classical music, write acoustic songs with my guitar and generally have a dislike for rap.

couldn't have said it better myself
Original post by cat-pook
Ahh, sorry, my bad. You're racist, misogynistic AND homophobic. Thanks for assuming I'm gay, btw. I mean, you were wrong, but nice try. Playing the "half black card" despite being on anon is... well, I don't think anyone here believes you. It doesn't matter if you were literally the blackest person on earth, you're still being racist. I don't really understand how you don't get that. You're ****ting on these BLACK women because they are doing RACIALLY STEREOTYPICAL THINGS that you vehemently dislike, and refuse to believe that women of a certain RACE can behave differently despite people literally proving you wrong.

*claps*
Original post by thecatwithnohat
No :innocent:

:sexface:
You sound salty like real damn bitter to be making those kind of assumptions. Also do you not think the same girls your talking about can't smell the bigotry off you.
I'm mixed race and I am primarily attracted to dark skin black girls. However, I am finding most of them have the same attitude towards the world and to life as most hood people do. I want to know where I can find black girls that have other interests other than materialism.

Firstly just in general you need to acknowledge that what you are saying is racist and to apply a particular characteristic onto a whole race is the definition of racism. But you know this now so it's besides the point, as a black female myself I personally feel that I do not possess the characteristics that you apply to my race - I understand that it is difficult to remove such ideas when those particular people that you meet with only prove your point but you need to understand that everybody is different with different ideas, ideals and interests. There are black females that do not conform to your prejudice ideology but you need free yourself from that way of thinking because eventually you will meet that 'black girl' that has 'other interests other than materialism' and regardless of her interests she will not appreciate you generalising her race - you need to be more open minded and acknowledge that the few people you have come across will not and do not represent the race as a whole.

Personally, I only expect the standards of my other half to reflect the standards that I have to offer - so if I don't drive a have a car of my own or reside in an establishment of my own then I don't expect that of the other person either. But that's not to say that even if I do have those things and the other doesn't, that I'd disregard the person because of it. Like @Ndella said - "There's more to a man than his financial value." which is so true.

Some girls (no race in particular) that punching above their own weight, who expect all these materialistic goods are the ones that cannot afford for themselves. I mean think about it, what good is money to someone that has all the money they need - stuff they already have doesn't impress them .. It's a like someone bragging that they have GCSE's well so do I...
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
x

Lol you're white though
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
Lol you're white though

On opposite day, probably.

u fish
why does TSR have such an issue with black girls lmao?
On opposite day, probably.

u fish

In your photo your black and it's a black and white photo so it's opposite meaning you're white right?

dfbi
In your photo your black and it's a black and white photo so it's opposite meaning you're white right

dfbi

Right, wait whilst I get you your medal :yy: Someone's bored :console:
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
why does TSR have such an issue with black girls lmao?

Ah but you must remember that most Tsr members don't leave their basements so most have never had the opportunity to witness such exotic creatures :yep:
Right, wait whilst I get you your medal :yy: Someone's bored :console:

Thanks u
Thanks u

ffs :lol:
Original post by StrawbAri
Ah but you must remember that most Tsr members don't leave their basements so most have never had the opportunity to witness such exotic creatures :yep:

tbf in many parts of rural england (like where i live) there are very few ethnic minorities, but it seems tsr disproportionately talks about black girls (as opposed to say, chinese girls) :dontknow:
Ive noticee black girls have a bad rep.
Especially in my community.
I had to tell one brother just a few days ago that they aint all bad after he said he dont like them because they are loud and ghetto lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending