The Student Room Group

Year 11s Cheating on GCSE Mock Examinations... they're buying the papers too!

Scroll to see replies

I want them
Reply 21
Original post by Alexion
- They're achieving nothing since mocks aren't that important.
- They're cheating themselves and are only going to do worse in the actual exams.

Anyone who buys these is an idiot in my book.

This is the only reason why I report members that attempt to sell me them because I don't want other members to be fooled into buying them.

I don't report posts otherwise, I need to have strong reason.
Original post by Awais_
This is the only reason why I report members that attempt to sell me them because I don't want other members to be fooled into buying them.

I don't report posts otherwise, I need to have strong reason.

Plus I think it breaches copyright law. So it's very justifiable to report them.
imo failing your mocks isn't that bad - the worst thing that could happen is: getting put down into a lower set or getting extra lessons.
As someone who completed their gcses last year; failing your mocks isn't bad at all. I got a D in my french mock and **nothing happened - and I ended up with a B at the end (detested french!!!) IF ANYTHING FAIL THEM SO IT MOTIVATES YOU TO DO WELL IN THE REAL EXAMINATIONS (teachers actually put extra attention on you if you fail because it looks bad on them l o l so failing mocks isn't that bad) :-)

**most people in my french class got D's - B's no A/A*'s this made my teacher realise that he had to change his resources or teaching style. he looked at what most of us got wrong overall and helped us with that and then 78573472304 past papers. at results day 2 students in my class failed (they both got D's) and 7 students got A/A*'s and the rest C/B's (16 people in my class)
(edited 8 years ago)
When people cheated the mocks i done i was so annoyed. Obviously your cheating yourself but think about all the others who have worked hard and want recognition from their teachers.

Seriously some people managed to get moved up a set in my school because of their mock results when they blatantly cheated. So unfair to those who wanted to move up but didnt do as well because they didnt cheat.

Lol i have the science papers actually would sell them for a million quid tho. Anything less is a no. Wouldnt even give them to my sister because i feel so strongly about cheating.

Quick Reply

Latest