The Student Room Group

AS History Edexcel

Hello current AS history students,

Just wondering if anyone is studying Russia: Lenin to Yeltsin and the GDR?
What are you doing for revision?

Thankssss

Scroll to see replies

Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by TSRMatt

Thankssss

Hello there!
I've now put this in the History forum so you should get a better response here!

Good luck :h:
I'm doing Russia with China 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by HeyThereItsKate
I'm doing Russia with China 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

how are you finding Russia? where are you at right now?? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Tank Girl
Hello there!
I've now put this in the History forum so you should get a better response here!

Good luck :h:

Hello, thank you for existing! omg you watch doctor who :wink: River comes back at Christmas...
Original post by TSRMatt
how are you finding Russia? where are you at right now?? :smile:

We've just started theme 4. I like Russia, but then I've studied it before at GCSE so I already have a knowledge base. You? :h:
Reply 7
Original post by HeyThereItsKate
We've just started theme 4. I like Russia, but then I've studied it before at GCSE so I already have a knowledge base. You? :h:

I didn't do it at GCSE! Well my teacher is teaching a bit from each theme :smile: It's quite an interesting course to be honest
Original post by TSRMatt

Thankssss

I'm doing Russia and China.

I use this textbook for all revision at home: http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Edexcel-Level-Communist-twentieth/dp/1471837912/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450909433&sr=8-2&keywords=communist+states+in+the+20th+century
I highly recommend this book as it is easy to read and covered with exam prep.

Personally, for my revision technique I've been making through notes as I go through the courses although as a college we are behind on the scheme of work.

After reading the specimen papers I've become quite worried for history since Edexcel expect us to write so much, in such great detail on the exam day, based on really obscure and awkward questions.
Reply 9
Original post by Major Wilson
I'm doing Russia and China.

I use this textbook for all revision at home: http://www.amazon.co.uk/History-Edexcel-Level-Communist-twentieth/dp/1471837912/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1450909433&sr=8-2&keywords=communist+states+in+the+20th+century
I highly recommend this book as it is easy to read and covered with exam prep.

Personally, for my revision technique I've been making through notes as I go through the courses although as a college we are behind on the scheme of work.

After reading the specimen papers I've become quite worried for history since Edexcel expect us to write so much, in such great detail on the exam day, based on really obscure and awkward questions.

hey thanks for replying, I already have the book:smile: it's great!!

Yeah that's true, I have mocks in January for Russia and Germany haha - trying my best to go through everything!
I'm also doing Russia and China, but I'm finding it so hard!! I literally do not have a clue where to start my revision or the best way to revise it. I struggle to remember everything, I just find theres so many names and dates and information to remember! Absolutely dreading the exam :frown:
Does anyone have any tips? Or even any revision/notes/extra material that would help me?
Mocks and in 2 weeks... I have no hope!!
Thank you :smile:
Looks like I'm the odd one out.

I'm doing Britain and America in the 20th Century - it's brilliant as the two compliment each other quite well and you're able to cross-reference.
Original post by Chaz W

I'm doing Britain and America in the 20th Century - it's brilliant as the two compliment each other quite well and you're able to cross-reference.

China and Russia are also great complimentary periods/countries. You can compare as the CCP attempted not to make the same mistakes as the Bolsheviks... and failed miserably.
Original post by Chaz W

I'm also doing Britain and American in the 20th century. However, i'm struggling to find any revision material :frown:
Original post by shareentwinkle
I'm also doing Britain and American in the 20th century. However, i'm struggling to find any revision material :frown:

It's because it's so new and undersubscribed - textbook is all we have :/
Original post by Chaz W
It's because it's so new and undersubscribed - textbook is all we have :/
ha
I own the textbook but it's too complicated to use for revision, really hate that's it's a new topic
Original post by shareentwinkle
ha
I own the textbook but it's too complicated to use for revision, really hate that's it's a new topic

My teacher thinks the textbook is sh*te - not very well explained and often lacks key details.
Original post by Chaz W
My teacher thinks the textbook is sh*te - not very well explained and often lacks key details.

Yesss and the amount of typos that make it confusing to understand! Makes the whole topic more complicated then necessary
The book I have for communism is both useful and useless as it has the two courses I am studying but also one extra course which just adds to the weight of the already-heavy book! Anyhow it's interesting reading about China even though I'm not doing it! How's everyone coping with revision?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chaz W

Hahaha, I don't think my Communist Russia book has any typos!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending