The Student Room Group

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Anyone had news from Reeds post 1st round?
Reply 181
Anyone had an interview invitation/rejection from Quadrant? I believe they're meant to be sent out today...:s-smilie:
Original post by Tomfish
Anyone had an interview invitation/rejection from Quadrant? I believe they're meant to be sent out today...:s-smilie:

Nope nothing yet, also still waiting on Radcliffe!
Original post by LegalLab
Nope nothing yet, also still waiting on Radcliffe!

Same here on both counts
I just received a phone call inviting me to interview at Serle Court next week. Interviews are Tuesday / Weds so I suppose all interviewees will probably hear from them today.
Reply 185
Original post by Forum User
I just received a phone call inviting me to interview at Serle Court next week. Interviews are Tuesday / Weds so I suppose all interviewees will probably hear from them today.

Congratulations! I didn't apply there but they are a top set. That's not a lot of warning is it?

Congrats and good luck, esp with te short notice. That's the one set whose deadline I couldn't make on the 15th unfortunately

Congrats!

I didn't apply either, so at least I don't have another rejection :u:
Original post by Nordic
Congratulations! I didn't apply there but they are a top set. That's not a lot of warning is it?

Original post by LadyLaw23
Congrats and good luck, esp with te short notice. That's the one set whose deadline I couldn't make on the 15th unfortunately

Original post by TimmonaPortella
Congrats!

Thanks, yes is short notice. Not sure how much I mind that though. The only other set I've had a positive response from, Atkin, had application deadline on 18th December, told me I had an interview on 12th January, that interview is on 4th February, and second round interviews (if I make it) are at the end of February. I think I prefer the shorter timetable with less time to sweat about things!
Reply 189
Just got my rejection from Radcliffe. I have to admit I was actually relieved as I had wound myself up so much. I'm sure the disappointment will come later.

I need to learn to ignore this forum :-/
Original post by Nordic
Just got my rejection from Radcliffe. I have to admit I was actually relieved as I had wound myself up so much. I'm sure the disappointment will come later.

I need to learn to ignore this forum :-/

Still waiting for mine and very keen to be put out of my misery (and obsessive email refreshing) has anyone actually had an offer from them yet?
Original post by preabogada
Radcliffe rejection just received. It appears that they also had 'great interest in my application'. :frown:

Trying to stay hopeful.

I'd honestly rather they just put

Dear xyz,

YOU ARE REJECTED.

Yours sincerely,

[etc]
Still waiting for mine and very keen to be put out of my misery (and obsessive email refreshing) has anyone actually had an offer from them yet?

By the looks of it, not yet. Is it just you and me left to hear back from the people on here? If so, does the first letter of your surname come towards the beginning or end of the alphabet (I have a feeling they might be doing the rejections alphabetically if they're personalising them)?

I'm also curious whether anyone knows how they've sent out invites in previous years (email/post). If by post, this might explain why no-one's got an offer yet, as those would presumably arrive tomorrow.
Original post by LadyLaw23
By the looks of it, not yet. Is it just you and me left to hear back from the people on here? If so, does the first letter of your surname come towards the beginning or end of the alphabet (I have a feeling they might be doing the rejections alphabetically if they're personalising them)?

I'm also curious whether anyone knows how they've sent out invites in previous years (email/post). If by post, this might explain why no-one's got an offer yet, as those would presumably arrive tomorrow.

In towards the end so that was my thinking too
In towards the end so that was my thinking too

Also waiting on Radcliffe. My surname is towards the beginning so either (i) your suggestion is simply wrong, and they are going through them in a different order that is unknown to us (ii) I have an interview, and they are communicating by post (iii) I have an interview and they are communicating by e-mail, but after they have sent out rejections.

I'm hoping (ii) is correct, as (iii) seems most unlikely!

Congratulations! Good luck with the interview
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'd honestly rather they just put Dear xyz, YOU ARE REJECTED. Yours sincerely, [etc]

Ditto!

'Real interest' gives false hope and the effect, is, of course, diluted because that is what they are telling everyone.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by tsr_sleuth
Also waiting on Radcliffe. My surname is towards the beginning so either (i) your suggestion is simply wrong, and they are going through them in a different order that is unknown to us (ii) I have an interview, and they are communicating by post (iii) I have an interview and they are communicating by e-mail, but after they have sent out rejections.

Also hoping (ii) is correct! Fingers crossed for you, will post on here if/when I hear
Original post by tsr_sleuth

I think 2 and 3 are probably most likely, unless they're doing things weirdly, like going through them in the order they were piled up in (not impossible). 3 might also not be as unlikely as may first appear because if they want to interview say 20 applicants, they might have got them down to eg. 30 and might still be deciding how to whittle down the remainder.

I hope they're not posting offers as the website says interviews will be next week, so if we're lucky enough, that'll be really short notice, especially if post is delayed, etc!

Re surnames, one way to find out. Has anyone whose surname is in the P-T category got a rejection yet?
(edited 8 years ago)
Why would they send emails and post for rejections (as they are doing), but only post for interviews? I suppose it's possible, but it doesn't make all that much sense.

I'm hopeful for you guys, but reading too much into this stuff can leave you disappointed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending