The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
Hey someone else who's doing maths and a language :biggrin: what are your other options? Completely the other way round for me, French was a disgrace but maths was quite good

Don't know the exact date but the principal said that it would take 10 - 14 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol now I'm wondering if you were the girl just in front of me to the left who was doing Maths and French :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1341
Did anyone else do English Lit?
Hey someone else who's doing maths and a language :biggrin: what are your other options? Completely the other way round for me, French was a disgrace but maths was quite good

Don't know the exact date but the principal said that it would take 10 - 14 days

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, I didn't read your answer properly - I chose Maths, FM, Econ and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wobuaini
Lol now I'm wondering if you were the girl just in front of me to the left who was doing Maths and French :tongue:
Sorry, I didn't read your answer properly - I chose Maths, FM, Econ and Spanish

Posted from TSR Mobile

Possibly, there can't have been that many people doing those two subjects :tongue: I was in the 13th row/column/thing and had a red checkered shirt on
I chose maths further maths physics and French so our options are pretty similar haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have you guys applied anywhere else and is hwsf your first choice?
Possibly, there can't have been that many people doing those two subjects :tongue: I was in the 13th row/column/thing and had a red checkered shirt on
I chose maths further maths physics and French so our options are pretty similar haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was in the 14th row, it was you then :tongue: I was originally going to choose Physics instead of Spanish but I realised that I really want to continue with a language

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1346
Original post by AweysAbdul

I applied to West London Free School and LaSWAP, and a few in my area (I live in Surrey but the schools near me are really bad).

Posted from TSR Mobile

My friend also done maths and and French that day, what time slot were you?
Original post by Sas99
It felt like I was doing philosophy rather than biology when I saw that. But considering I also took the philosophy exam I quite liked the question. Heard it before on family guy so I had small small background knowledge.

That's a really unexpected source of knowledge. Maybe I should have watched more T.V instead. But well done anyway! :smile:
Original post by pasteldom
How did you find history? What did you write for the first question? When I first looked at the source I was like what on earth is this, why is a baby falling off the railing, and why has a man got a baby/person on a stick in the background?:K:

The second question was alright but the first one kind of caught me off guard. I wrote something about lack of food/homelessness and other random stuff😂😂 The source was crazyy
Original post by amarocks88
I just ended up writing nonsense acting like i understood the article. It felt more like a physics article tbh

That's true it was so technical
Original post by AweysAbdul

I've to my school's sixth form (which is good, but a trek since i've moved),a local sixth form, woodhouse, camden girl's and of course hwsf, which is definitely my first choice 100%.
honestly I don't know where I'll go if I don't get into hwsf, the schools I've applied for are either quite far or religious :frown:
My friend also done maths and and French that day, what time slot were you?

9-11am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by erodedsoul
honestly I don't know where I'll go if I don't get into hwsf, the schools I've applied for are either quite far or religious :frown:

All of the schools in my area are either single sex, religious or both :/ the mixed schools have a really bad reputation around here and if I don't get into hwsf I'll be really disappointed and have to return to my pretty lousy sixth form and have to travel to take some of my subjects because they don't offer them all

Posted from TSR Mobile
All of the schools in my area are either single sex, religious or both :/ the mixed schools have a really bad reputation around here and if I don't get into hwsf I'll be really disappointed and have to return to my pretty lousy sixth form and have to travel to take some of my subjects because they don't offer them all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course, there's always the option of applying to schools outside of the immediate area you live. There are plenty of good schools, all of which are within a one-hour commute from Westminster (King's Maths school, KCL, LAE, Haberdashers).

Don't be worried about a potentially lengthy commute; it's really not that bad assuming it's <75 minutes (speaking from experience)
Original post by leammd
I applied to West London Free School and LaSWAP, and a few in my area (I live in Surrey but the schools near me are really bad).

Same here! I can't find any good schools ;(
Not long to go! We should be getting the email Tuesday- Saturday, I'm so nervous 😰
What's everyones interview subject?
Not long to go! We should be getting the email Tuesday- Saturday, I'm so nervous 😰

I'm nervous too especially since I got rejected from a sixth form I really wanted to go to. They didn't even ask for a personal statement let alone an interview. My predicted grades are good but not all A*s so :frown: At the moment Harris is my only viable option.
Sorry about the rant. My interview subject is biology. What about you?

Same! I can't wait that long :s-smilie: My interview subject is Geography, what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending