The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by srai243
Where else have you heard from? Durham is great!

Durham - offer
UCL - pending
Manchester - offer
Newcastle (insurance) - offer
Sheffield (insurance) - offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
It seems a lot of people are getting offers from Bristol. I sent my application on Nov 24th and sat my LNAT on October 24th. If Bristol are taking longer to get back to you is that a sign of a possible rejection coming your way? :frown:
Original post by Bijoux1801
It seems a lot of people are getting offers from Bristol. I sent my application on Nov 24th and sat my LNAT on October 24th. If Bristol are taking longer to get back to you is that a sign of a possible rejection coming your way? :frown:

I Hope not

Applied 14th Oct
LNAT 7th OCT
Still waiting for news from Bristol
Have the feeling my LNAT didn't go well but you would have thought the longer we don't hear we must still be in with a chance but at the rate they are giving out offers they won't have any places left to give us.
It seems so many people are receiving offers from Bristol. Applied on November 24th and sat my LNAT on October 24th. Any ideas as to why Bristol would be taking long? Is it is a sign of possible rejection? :frown:
Original post by crocface
I Hope not

Applied 14th Oct
LNAT 7th OCT
Still waiting for news from Bristol
Have the feeling my LNAT didn't go well but you would have thought the longer we don't hear we must still be in with a chance but at the rate they are giving out offers they won't have any places left to give us.

Yeah I'm already starting to feel awful because I had wanted Bristol to be my first choice :frown:. Is this usually the case with Bristol however? Do they always give out all the offers they possibly can before starting to dish out rejections?
Yeah I'm already starting to feel awful because I had wanted Bristol to be my first choice :frown:. Is this usually the case with Bristol however? Do they always give out all the offers they possibly can before starting to dish out rejections?

Who knows what their logic is. I checked last years Bristol forum and people were still getting Law offers well into March. Maybe they give out batches of offers as their current offers start to firm other choices and so already given out offers get released again.

However they do it we are obviously down in the remaining pool somewhere.

Bristol is also my current first choice
Who knows what their logic is. I checked last years Bristol forum and people were still getting Law offers well into March. Maybe they give out batches of offers as their current offers start to firm other choices and so already given out offers get released again.

However they do it we are obviously down in the remaining pool somewhere.

Bristol is also my current first choice

Yup i guess we'll just have to wait it out. Do you know how big of a deal the LNAT is for them? And which other universities have you applied to?
Anyone else here is waiting for offer from KCL?
I've been waiting for its email for almost two months :frown:
Very frustrating indeed
Yup i guess we'll just have to wait it out. Do you know how big of a deal the LNAT is for them? And which other universities have you applied to?

I think for LNAT they are not so strict as other Top Unis but still expect reasonable scores

My application so far:

Oxford and Kings - rejected
QMUL and Exeter - offers
Bristol - waiting

I will firm Bristol if I get an offer, with QMUL as insurance.
Reply 1569
Original post by KennyLaw
Anyone else here is waiting for offer from KCL?
I've been waiting for its email for almost two months :frown:
Very frustrating indeed

Me :frown: it's been over two months for me
Original post by itsmayo97
congrats, what were your as and gcse grades, if you don't mind me asking? Also, what have you been predicted? i've also applied to brisol and still waiting so really nervous right now

Hey! 8A*s and 2As at gcse and 38 IB points predicted ( equivalent of A*AA/higher for some unis).
Original post by sop10
Me :frown: it's been over two months for me

I applied 5th Nov and it's my first choice!! Still waiting
Oxford and Kings - rejected
QMUL and Exeter - offers
Bristol - waiting

wow I applied to exactly the same unis still waiting on King's though when did you hear :smile:
Has any one heard from Edinburgh, either offer or rejections
Original post by srai243
Got an offer from bristol last week, though still waiting on KCL and UCL. If I got an offer from bristol does that mean my LNATS went okay, or is it not that large of a factor in the decision from bristol as it is for UCL or KCL? Have been waiting for the latter since early November and it does get quite demotivating when everyone around me is already getting offers :biggrin:

What are your predicted grades and gcse's?
Original post by meepliox
wow I applied to exactly the same unis still waiting on King's though when did you hear :smile:

When did you apply and with what GCSE's / A2? Also waiting on KCL + LSE!
Has anyone applied for law and french at Bristol?
Predicted 42 in the IB with 777 at HL, and 6A*, 3A, and a B in IGCSE.
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
What are your predicted grades and gcse's?
How long did any UCL offer holders or unsuccessful candidates (if there are any here) stay in the 'currently being processed by admissions' phase of their application on portico before a decision? :s-smilie:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
How long did any UCL offer holders or unsuccessful candidates (if there are any here) stay in the 'currently being processed by admissions' phase of their application on portico before a decision? :s-smilie:

Actually just seen it's an offer..... :eek::eek2::eek4::eek3:

Latest

Trending

Trending