The Student Room Group

School tells parents off for wearing pj's to drop kids off

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
No-one would. Despite the fact there's no uniform, someone would be sent home for coming in in PJs. It's just silly.

It's school, it's a different scenario. Of course kids wouldn't go to school in their PJs, they'd be ridiculed.

The adult world is different. It might be strange for someone to go out in their PJs, but it isn't unheard of. To call it "lazy" is stupid, you're just being intolerant.
It's a tad lazy turning up in your PJ's
Original post by Rock Fan
It's a tad lazy turning up in your PJ's

Not it isn't. You're intolerant.

"Lazy" would not be bringing the children to school.
Original post by Sgt_Haytham
Not it isn't. You're intolerant.

"Lazy" would not be bringing the children to school.

It just doesn't look great, personally i'd rather put some proper clothes on if I was taking a kid to school but hey each to their own.
I've dropped off my brother in PJs and a hoodie before, don't see the big deal about it.
Original post by Rock Fan
It just doesn't look great, personally i'd rather put some proper clothes on if I was taking a kid to school but hey each to their own.

Well don't call it "lazy" then. Leave them to their own problems.
Standards in society have just dropped so low with some people these days. Not long ago now I visited someone, his gf who is fat and not real well acquainted was sat there wearing pj's in their living room. Now considering I was an invited guest, with long notice that I was coming and that she didn't have an illness wtf was she doing wearing nightwear (and not sexy stuff at that) at 6pm in the early evening! She's from a fairly middle class background as well so I'm there thinking who the f*** brought you up and what sort standard do you think it is to meet a guest in your pj's! I mean I've heard of getting comfortable but that is ridiculous. I almost felt like telling her to get her lazy f** arse into clothes suitable for meeting someone since she seemed oblivious of the need too. What happens as a result of the can't be critical society I guess these days.
Original post by Alexion
Would you wear nightwear to go to the shops? No. To the cinema? No. (well probably not, might do if it's a late night showing)

So why wear pjs to school? Especially to your kid's primary school...

I frequently wear my pyjamas to the shops and for walks ((casually at night/early morning)) :s-smilie:

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mistyblue~
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153

Lol! everyone else has to work if they can they should get a ****ing job not go home back to bed. Or if that's too much trouble maybe just get dressed.

1) its a FREE country, people can wear PJs if they like!

2) They might of worked a night shift OR they might work from home. They might work afternoon shifts or be part time students. They might be on annual leave etc.

3) People wear PJs as part of their religious costume.

4) There are a lot of reasons why people might wear PJs. Do not pre-judge!
So why is it almost always women that do school runs or go the shops in their PJs when men almost never do, even though plenty of men school run and shop?
I've seen countless women at it but never a man.
(edited 8 years ago)
my mum did this :rofl:
Pointless distraction. Education is awful and needs a full overhaul, so rather than do anything productive pretend your perception of 'class' is in some way betterment of the students themselves then champion this as a victory for learning as nothing raises my engagement and intelligence like my mum ensuring she drops me off in an expensive designer dress (dont strawman this by moaning about the comedic exaggeration as i wont entertain it =) ). Its little more than pretention and judgemental nonsense, there may be good reason or there may not be but to dictate to people who have long since outgrown their own educations instead of helping their children to better actual achievement and intellectual ability says everything. Its the typical pretentious - If you cant make them smart, make them look smart.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I think it sets a bad example to the kids. "Work hard at school, kids, or... you'll end up just like mummy and spend most of your mornings all wrapped up in your lovely cozy bed :h:".

That's the life
Original post by caravaggio2
So why is it almost always women that do school runs or go the shops in their PJs when men almost never do, even though plenty of men school run and shop?
I've seen countless women at it but never a man.

Men's PJs look like ****.
I support the action of the school headteacher. It's not too much to get up fifteen minutes earlier (or more) and be dressed when you leave the house.

The worse one is turning up in the afternoon or parents evening in pyjamas or a onesie. In the case of parents' evening, I would support a school who refused to allow a parent into the school in those circumstances.
How are kids meant to be aspirared when their parents are clearly despicable slobs?
Reply 37
Original post by Alexion
Would you wear nightwear to go to the shops? No. To the cinema? No. (well probably not, might do if it's a late night showing)

So why wear pjs to school? Especially to your kid's primary school...

You ever been to the north?
Original post by joecphillips
You ever been to the north?

They don't wear pyjamas in Winterfell
Original post by mistyblue~
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-35413153

Lol! everyone else has to work if they can they should get a ****ing job not go home back to bed. Or if that's too much trouble maybe just get dressed.

I'm not trying to tell people what to do with their lives

Except she is, lol.

I'd laugh at the headmaster's face. Just a chuckle but honestly, the gall to think they can dictate what adults wear is amusing to say the least.

Schools might give the kids a dress-code but their authority doesn't extend to grown adults, as much as they want it to.

I'd honestly suggest the Headmaster concentrate on real problems, rather than covering for her incompetence by fishing for a non-issue to send pointless letters over.
It's not the Victorian era and frankly a headteacher wasting time and attention on her own personal issue with other people's appearances seems like a bigger hurdle to the well-being of my kid and their education than whether daddy is wearing jeans or flannel jammies.

lol
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending