The Student Room Group

AS-Level French AQA

Hello!

I'm putting some thought into taking AS/A-Level French (AQA).

I do it at GCSE level, and in my three controlled assessments (two speaking + one writing) I've managed an A* and two A's. In the mock exams we do, I generally achieve around A's/B's, without revising.

My french teacher tells me to take French further, as it is a really good AS/A-Level to take - but I'm not sure. I've been told how difficult it gets, and that you really need to understand the language, and that the speaking exams are absolutely horrendous.

Please, help! How difficult is French AS/A-Level? Do you think I could handle it?

Thank you for the advice!
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown:

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses. :redface:

:h:
Original post by Grovyshi
Hello!

I'm putting some thought into taking AS/A-Level French (AQA).

I do it at GCSE level, and in my three controlled assessments (two speaking + one writing) I've managed an A* and two A's. In the mock exams we do, I generally achieve around A's/B's, without revising.

My french teacher tells me to take French further, as it is a really good AS/A-Level to take - but I'm not sure. I've been told how difficult it gets, and that you really need to understand the language, and that the speaking exams are absolutely horrendous.

Please, help! How difficult is French AS/A-Level? Do you think I could handle it?

Thank you for the advice!

It's fine lol. If you're getting As in your controlled assessments you're clearly good for your level. I did absolutely no work for the AS speaking last year and I genuinely thought I was going to get like a U in it, but I got 57/60 marks because obviously I just spoke, and the marks are for communication (this is WJEC, I'm assuming all exam board give most marks for communication though).

I will admit, I've seen AQA papers and I much prefer WJEC, but at AS at least, the written paper for AQA is just like the GCSE one (have a look if you want), you get multiple choice etc lol

Quick Reply

Latest