The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
I'm waiting on KCL, UCL and LSE as of October, too. I guess no news is good news?

I got an LNAT score of 25 and A* AA predicted grades, but I've known people to get into those 3 with lower final grades (AAB-AAA) and lower LNAT scores. So the strength of the supporting statement probably plays a huge part.
(edited 8 years ago)
Still waiting on edinburgh and glasgow :frown: anyone any news?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I applied in December. :colondollar: Mine aren't that great either!
Where else did you apply and do you hold offers from? :h:

I have offers from Exeter, Kent and Reading, rejected from Oxford, you?
KCL is my first choice because I reaaaally don't want to move out of London :frown:
Original post by chloetraynor
I have offers from Exeter, Kent and Reading, rejected from Oxford, you?
KCL is my first choice because I reaaaally don't want to move out of London :frown:

Offers from UCL and UEA, waiting on Birmingham, Bristol and KCL. UCL is my first choice and I want UEA to be my insurance. :smile:

Oh that's understandable and at least you'd be going to a world class university and can save on your accommodation costs; good luck and I'm hoping you get that KCL offer! Looks like we're all in for a long wait though!! :redface:
Pretty sure my chances of getting a UCL offer are minimal but any chance of getting a KCL or Bristol?
Got 25 in the LNAT, 1A* 8As and 1B at gcse, AAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A
Anyone got offers with similar?
Applied October and sat LNAT early November such a long wait!!
Original post by jamesmac2016

Don't know about Glasgow (I didn't apply there, or Strathclyde for that matter) but there are quite a few law hopefuls on the Edinburgh university forum - come & join us there. :smile:
Original post by jamesmac2016

I've not heard from Edinburgh yet, but I got an offer from Glasgow a few weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon😀
Which university is better for law in terms of teaching and career propects(chance of having training contract)? Qmul, leeds university or newcastle? Thanks.
Original post by kirblaw3
Pretty sure my chances of getting a UCL offer are minimal but any chance of getting a KCL or Bristol?
Got 25 in the LNAT, 1A* 8As and 1B at gcse, AAAB at AS and predicted A*A*A
Anyone got offers with similar?
Applied October and sat LNAT early November such a long wait!!

I wouldn't say your UCL chances are minimal. :tongue: Your grades are brilliant!
Original post by legalmind
Which university is better for law in terms of teaching and career propects(chance of having training contract)? Qmul, leeds university or newcastle? Thanks.

I'd say
1. QMUL. Highest in rankings and offer demands and London contacts/proximity can't be bad for a job.
2. Newcastle Slighly better than Leeds in rankings but was in clearing last year.
3. Leeds. Id say about same as Newcastle but was not in clearing last year
Original post by Flk10
I've not heard from Edinburgh yet, but I got an offer from Glasgow a few weeks ago.

I'm sure you'll hear something soon😀
Hi there, well done with your Glasgow offer :-) - could I ask what was your LNAT score and are you Highers or A-levels?
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
I wouldn't say your UCL chances are minimal. :tongue: Your grades are brilliant!

I saw you got a UCL offer! (incredibly jealous, congratulations!) - do you mind sharing your grades? Thank you, I don't think my GCSES or LNAT are that competitive though :closedeyes:
Original post by Cheadle41
Hi there, well done with your Glasgow offer :-) - could I ask what was your LNAT score and are you Highers or A-levels?

Hey,

My LNAT score was 33 and I sat highers last year. This year, I'm doing one Advanced Higher and three Highers.

Have you applied for Glasgow?
Original post by kirblaw3
I saw you got a UCL offer! (incredibly jealous, congratulations!) - do you mind sharing your grades? Thank you, I don't think my GCSES or LNAT are that competitive though :closedeyes:

Thank you! :h: I sent you a PM.
Applied to KCL, LSE, QMUL, Kent (Unconditional Offer) & Birmingham.

UCAS sent on the 27th of November.
Already achieved IB: 39 points, 766 Higher Lever (A*A A)
LNAT Score of 28
Strong personal statement.

This waiting game is killing me. Just some information.
I applied last year, my grades were predictions rather than obtained.
KCL got back to me on 17/02/2015.
Applying with a stronger profile... However, in 2014, I sent my application far earlier than this cycle's application.
Original post by Flk10
Hey,

My LNAT score was 33 and I sat highers last year. This year, I'm doing one Advanced Higher and three Highers.

Have you applied for Glasgow?
Yes but haven't heard yet :frown:. Great LNAT score btw
Original post by thepgsboy2016
Applied to KCL, LSE, QMUL, Kent (Unconditional Offer) & Birmingham.

UCAS sent on the 27th of November.
Already achieved IB: 39 points, 766 Higher Lever (A*A A)
LNAT Score of 28
Strong personal statement.

This waiting game is killing me. Just some information.
I applied last year, my grades were predictions rather than obtained.
KCL got back to me on 17/02/2015.
Applying with a stronger profile... However, in 2014, I sent my application far earlier than this cycle's application.

Hi! I do IB as well (38, 766 predicted) and also a 28 in the LNAT! Already have Warwick/ QM/ Bristol but still waiting on LSE and KCL. What were your gcse's because kings is my realistic choice and i really want to go there! Applied 9th Nov.
I have 8A*'s + 2A's.
Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
Hi! I do IB as well (38, 766 predicted) and also a 28 in the LNAT! Already have Warwick/ QM/ Bristol but still waiting on LSE and KCL. What were your gcse's because kings is my realistic choice and i really want to go there! Applied 9th Nov.
I have 8A*'s + 2A's.

Hey, ahhhhh yeeeesssss a fellow IBer! You know life's struggles! :tongue: Good predictions!
My GCSEs we 5A 4B, but I was told by some of the universities that because I have obtained my diploma they see no need to look at my GCSEs, congratulations on yours though, my skills for academia only flourished in Sixthform.

Great LNAT score!Last year the average LNAT score acceptance into KCL was 26.
Don't be fooled by King's IB guidelines as your "realistic" choice with the 35 points 766. Of the 36 IBers offered a place for Law Last year the average score was 40 points.
Original post by thepgsboy2016
Hey, ahhhhh yeeeesssss a fellow IBer! You know life's struggles! :tongue: Good predictions!
My GCSEs we 5A 4B, but I was told by some of the universities that because I have obtained my diploma they see no need to look at my GCSEs, congratulations on yours though, my skills for academia only flourished in Sixthform.

Great LNAT score!Last year the average LNAT score acceptance into KCL was 26.
Don't be fooled by King's IB guidelines as your "realistic" choice with the 35 points 766. Of the 36 IBers offered a place for Law Last year the average score was 40 points.

A few months left till i'm done with this awful course! Ah by 'realistic' it was in a comparison with LSE. With a solid PS and extras, you reckon I have a chance for either? My friend is predicted 43 but only has a LNAT of 20 and has heard nothing from KCL but has an offer for LSE. Being optimistic for LSE though (as much as i can be!) and they haven't rejected me yet - its been almost 3 months so. But of course that guarantees nothing. I'm British but currently studying abroad so i will be classified as an international applicant - does that make any difference?

Thanks!
Original post by crocface
I'd say
1. QMUL. Highest in rankings and offer demands and London contacts/proximity can't be bad for a job.
2. Newcastle Slighly better than Leeds in rankings but was in clearing last year.
3. Leeds. Id say about same as Newcastle but was not in clearing last year

Leeds, Manchester, Southampton or Exeter in your opinion?

Latest

Trending

Trending