The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by patrick9700
Late application...submitted few days ago...recently got conditional offer from Durham ( Bsc Finance )...any chances to be upgraded to unconditional offer?

What are your conditions and why do you think they would ignore them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cheeretal
University of Westminster was pretty fast for me!
Still waiting for Kent & RHUL :frown:

Just seen your post elsewhere. Drop me a PM with your UCAS ID and full name, and I'll check the status of your application :smile:

Camilla
Original post by jneill
What are your conditions and why do you think they would ignore them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am an international student doing the University of London International Foundation Programme, final exam during April. My forecast result submitted was 4A ( overall distinction). In the con. offer they requested IELTS which I have not done it ( perhaps my local high school English test - Cambridge 1119 English Syllabus could be sent to argue as it is well-recognised by most UK unis for undergraduate admission.

I am curious about the chances of being upgraded to uncon. offer. Heard of some uni. provided the condition to place the offer as first choice secured offer. Is that true?
Original post by patrick9700
I am an international student doing the University of London International Foundation Programme, final exam during April. My forecast result submitted was 4A ( overall distinction). In the con. offer they requested IELTS which I have not done it ( perhaps my local high school English test - Cambridge 1119 English Syllabus could be sent to argue as it is well-recognised by most UK unis for undergraduate admission.

I am curious about the chances of being upgraded to uncon. offer. Heard of some uni. provided the condition to place the offer as first choice secured offer. Is that true?

Not Durham (afaik), and certainly not unless they had told you it was an option when they gave you the offer.

You would need to check with them regarding the Englisg language requirement.

And presumably their offer is also conditional on you achieving a certain result in your Foundation Program. As that result will be known (in April) before the deadline for confirming your choices (5th May) then if your English is ok it might be worth delaying accepting the offer until after those results, at which point it would basically become unconditional...

Do you have other offers to consider?
is it a bad sign if you are still waiting for an offer over a month after sending it off? especially when i know some people who are receiving offers the same university (and partly the same course) even though they sent their application off later.
I'm not sure if all unis work in the same way but I found out las year when I was applying etc that ey have different piles...ones who are in right away (mainly because of grades) ones who don't impress and will be sent a no....and another pile who are maybes....and they will go back to the maybes at e end once they know how many offers have been sent out first...this doesn't mean to say you won't get an offer as you haven't been rejected yet so good luck you'll hear soon...a couple of my unis took approx..8weeks...last year...one a no but I got into my favourite course so all else didn't fail...don't give up hope...determination and commitment wins..that's what I was told by a senior lecturer...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sussex seem to be very slow.
Original post by Minionmum
Sussex seem to be very slow.

I haven't even received an acknowledgement off them yet and I applied 9th Dec :-(
Original post by kirsty_butler
I haven't even received an acknowledgement off them yet and I applied 9th Dec :-(

Same - and aplication was sent 7th December - all other choices replied within 3 weeks.
Original post by Minionmum
Same - and aplication was sent 7th December - all other choices replied within 3 weeks.

Yep - I have either received acknowledgements or offers off my other choices. Don't know why they are being so slow.
Anyone had an unconditional from Sussex who hasn't already got their grades? - and if so how long did it take to get your offer.
Sent my application away on the 23rd November and I haven't received any offers yet for psychology. It's a bit frustrating when there is people with 5 unconditionals at my school and I have nothing haha :biggrin:
Original post by ashleymacleod
Sent my application away on the 23rd November and I haven't received any offers yet for psychology. It's a bit frustrating when there is people with 5 unconditionals at my school and I have nothing haha :biggrin:

Haha I feel the same! Only had 1 offer thus far and it's conditional. Hard to see others making their firm/insurance :frown:
Offer from Sheffield!
Email from Birmingham saying they'll be making me an offer, just have to wait for UCAS.
Reply 2235
It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?
Reply 2236
Original post by minä
It's been already three weeks since my reference teacher sent my application out... I got an offer for Genetics from Aberdeen last week, but, other than that, it has been dead silent. A friend of mine has already 4/5 offers. I'm so jealous. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I only applied to Scottish unis (Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Dundee, St. Andrews) plus am a non-UK EU student?

Do they send out offers and rejections at the same time? I'm so scared that on May 5th I'll just receive four automatic rejections... My predicted grades are rather ok (41/45 IB points), but could they reject me for other reasons (country of domicile, PS)?

In the same boat
I applied almost a month ago, no replies from any of the 5
Plus I too applied to three Scottish unis - Dundee, Glasgow and Heriot watt
conditional offer received from oxford Brookes!!!
Reply 2238
Original post by minä

I got an offer from Glasgow today morning
But I'm considered international, just cuz I haven't lived in England for the past 3 yrs
I'll try reassessing my fee status
Hope you hear soon
Original post by justellen
conditional offer received from oxford Brookes!!!

Well done and good luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending