The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3700
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
@AR_95 i think you should buy ox a mission burrito as an apology, hes our best player tbh and you were/are wrong about him

What kush are you on I want some

Mission burito uno

Posted from TSR Mobile
Buzzing to see Monreal expose Mahrez and Messi for the frauds they really are in the next month....:frown:

Would love a guy love Mahrez at Arsenal, that RW spot is wide open at our club and he'd be the perfect fit. Shame he'd never come to us though when half of Europe's elite must be hitting him up.
Is your squad any better than Spurs?
Original post by AliRizzo
Surprised to see you're still posting here. Don't be scared to @ me boo, I'll go easy on you next time.

Also think that confirms the answer to my question.

And what question is that? You seem to think you have some kind of importance or standing within this forum.
Original post by Zerforax

When all our players are fully fit, without a doubt. We've been getting injuries left right and centre and we're still equal on points with them.

Tottenham's excellent form (along with Leicester's) isn't luck, they both have the least injuries in the league. If Tottenham had endured anywhere near the same amount of injuries as us they'd struggle really bad.
Do one mate. I obviously hold some importance to you since you always seem to reply to everything I post. Obsessed.

You were addressing me in your comment

lmao, ask you a question, get abuse back. Strong
When all our players are fully fit, without a doubt. We've been getting injuries left right and centre and we're still equal on points with them.

Tottenham's excellent form (along with Leicester's) isn't luck, they both have the least injuries in the league. If Tottenham had endured anywhere near the same amount of injuries as us they'd struggle really bad.

I'd have some sympathy if you were having a one-off bad season of injuries but the reality is that Arsenal have a lot of injuries every season (whether this is due to training/facilities/treatment or just having players who are more susceptible to injuries).

So if you had less injuries you think Arsenal would be running away with the league?

Poch has built a very competent side, he's done excellent work. tbh there's not much in it when both squads are fully fit but Arsenal options on the wings and midfield make us a better side. Alexis and Theo in form is much better than Chadli and Lamela in form.

Sadly football is played on paper. Currently Spurs are a much better side imo you can see they have strong cohesion and understanding within their team, their setup is alot more defensively stable, and they've been pretty much consistent in their performances all season long.

Many Arsenal players have disappointing this season, they really need to wake up and realise we have a chance to win this league. Particularly Theo and Alexis have simply not been good enough. Very disappointed with how this season has gone. We need to be perfect in the league in order to stand a chance, we need a wins at spurs, City and Utd all away. Which is a very tough ask. Wenger has alot to answer for tbh don't know how he can justify continuing as manager if we don't win the league.

Arsenal is now the antagonist in Leicester's fairytale story. Would not be shocked if teams don't fight as hard against them in their run

Pep at City, Mou at Utd, Klopp at Liverpool, Poch at Spurs and a resurgent Chelsea with all of those teams spending money. Next season will be a **** fest
Original post by sevchenko
Poch has built a very competent side, he's done excellent work. tbh there's not much in it when both squads are fully fit but Arsenal options on the wings and midfield make us a better side. Alexis and Theo in form is much better than Chadli and Lamela in form.

Sadly football is played on paper. Currently Spurs are a much better side imo you can see they have strong cohesion and understanding within their team, their setup is alot more defensively stable, and they've been pretty much consistent in their performances all season long.

Many Arsenal players have disappointing this season, they really need to wake up and realise we have a chance to win this league. Particularly Theo and Alexis have simply not been good enough. Very disappointed with how this season has gone. We need to be perfect in the league in order to stand a chance, we need a wins at spurs, City and Utd all away. Which is a very tough ask. Wenger has alot to answer for tbh don't know how he can justify continuing as manager if we don't win the league.

Arsenal is now the antagonist in Leicester's fairytale story. Would not be shocked if teams don't fight as hard against them in their run

Pep at City, Mou at Utd, Klopp at Liverpool, Poch at Spurs and a resurgent Chelsea with all of those teams spending money. Next season will be a **** fest

Lot of credit probably also goes to the Spurs' scouting team/whatever the structure is as Poch hasn't really spent a lot and not sure how involved he is in transfers.

Makes you wonder if the real difference is that Poch is a better manager than Wenger in the modern game (just reflecting the coaching of the first team for results and not everything else than Wenger does brilliantly).
I'd have some sympathy if you were having a one-off bad season of injuries but the reality is that Arsenal have a lot of injuries every season (whether this is due to training/facilities/treatment or just having players who are more susceptible to injuries).

So if you had less injuries you think Arsenal would be running away with the league?

Not sure tbh. We'd be putting in better performances for sure, but I think the main stumbling block for this squad is the mentality. They don't react well when they have a chance to break away from the pack, but perhaps that's because like you said, the squad is never fully fit and so we haven't had the chance to see what they'd be capable of. But I do think we'd be top at least.

Spurs are better their squad has surpassed ours they have invested in the right players they have a solid defence now something they've never really had and and they have a better striker. Arsenal squad is too injury prone and the manager doesn't buy the right players.
Not sure tbh. We'd be putting in better performances for sure, but I think the main stumbling block for this squad is the mentality. They don't react well when they have a chance to break away from the pack, but perhaps that's because like you said, the squad is never fully fit and so we haven't had the chance to see what they'd be capable of. But I do think we'd be top at least.

Is the mentality from the players (not enough leaders/winners) or the manager?

Maybe Arsenal just need to win a run of games (had the 5 wins in October which now look impressive) or just to batter someone like 6-0 to give the players more belief?

It doesn't really feel like at any time this season Arsenal have had a big confidence boost.
Reply 3712

Maybe Arsenal just need to win a run of games (had the 5 wins in October which now look impressive) or just to batter someone like 6-0 to give the players more belief?

It doesn't really feel like at any time this season Arsenal have had a big confidence boost.

UTD 3-0

City 2-1

Bayern 2-0

???

You on smack

On paper, for sure.

The issue is that Tottenham are so systematic. They have all bought into Pochetinno, and his style/philosophy is going from strength to strength there. They are in a purple patch, but over the course of the season, you'd have to say Arsenal would be the better side and they'll probably finish above Spurs.

In terms of players, I'd probably only opt for Aldeweireld, Alli, Eriksen and Kane from the Spurs side over their Arsenal counterparts.

It'll be interesting to see how they deal with the return of the EL.
Reply 3714
Anyways it's not even confidence, it's more lethargy

Original post by AR_95
UTD 3-0

City 2-1

Bayern 2-0

???

You on smack

I already flagged that October was a good month for you but you were still behind Man City in the table at the start of November so you never really pulled away.

After the Man City win, you lost 4-0 to Southampton 5 days later..

A bit of both. I don't like the idea that Wenger isn't a winner - he clearly he is and his past achievements are evidence of that. We've also won back to back FA Cups in the last 2 years, so I don't like the notion that he still doesn't have that mentality.

However, he has too much faith in some of his players and so he lacks that ruthlessness needed to scrape away the losers in the first team. IMO, this consists of players like Mertesacker and Arteta, our so called captains. Wenger's recent captain choices have been really bad (Vermaelen, Areta, Mertesacker, Van Persie, Gallas, Fabregas). This is where he lets himself down, it really is a weakness but at times can prove to be his strength, just have a look at his longevity. People like Mourinho who have a really shite personality and only looks to please his prize players could only aspire to reach such levels.

I agree a bit on the confidence boost too. We beat Utd 3-0, Watford 0-3 then Bayern 2-0 only to lose 0-3 away to Sheffield Wednesday a couple of days later. I know it wasn't the entire first team that played but results like that really pull you back. When Arsenal lose games, they tend to lose embarrassingly. The players really don't do themselves any favours - which I believe is down to them, not the manager.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sevchenko

Probably agree with first bold - though Poch likes a 4-2-3-1 at the moment with Son, Eriksen and Alli as his starting attacking mids. Both Lamela and Chadli started v Watford but the impact came when Alli was subbed on.

Second bold - I think most clubs are hung up with their own worries...

Latest