The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LucyABr
i am still waiting too! i dont have much confidence in getting an offer either but dont give up hope yet :smile: you may not have an offer, but you havent got a rejection either!

i got 23 and got an offer, no gcses listed either
Original post by mitchriding
What grades & LNAT did you get? Congrats!

Thank you! I got AAAB last year, retook my coursework so now AAAA, and I'm predicted A*A*A
I got 30 on my LNAT but thought my essay was very poor
I have an LNAT of 23. Got 5A's at higher. Applied to Glasgow on 17th December and sat my lnat on the same day. Still not heard back :/ have i got a chance? Wny updates?
Original post by dfradkin
i got 23 and got an offer, no gcses listed either

Presumably you are either an non-UK or mature applicant?
Original post by Cholesta
No word from LSE?

A 4 weeks email last Monday!
Original post by Satoshii
but you said you went to Bristols opening day thing and they said they are giving out 800 offers this year?

Sorry I was talking about LSE and the grades. Yes went to Bristol and they said about 900 offers would be given out. That would be correct.
Original post by mitchriding
A 4 weeks email last Monday!

Same!
Original post by sjmyatt11
Thank you! I got AAAB last year, retook my coursework so now AAAA, and I'm predicted A*A*A
I got 30 on my LNAT but thought my essay was very poor

Impressive! When did you apply?
Does anyone know how many offers Edinburgh and Nottingham give out for law LLB and how many actually firm them? Possibly last years statistics or where they could be found?
Original post by returnmigrant
Presumably you are either an non-UK or mature applicant?

I live abroad, went to an american school, then transferred to another one that does A Levels
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Does anyone know how many offers Edinburgh and Nottingham give out for law LLB and how many actually firm them? Possibly last years statistics or where they could be found?

Edinburgh's latest figures are from 2014. There were 1492 applications and 320 offers, with 163 firming. :smile:
Ah thank you that really helps :biggrin: do you know what the figures are for Nottingham by any chance?
Ah thank you that really helps :biggrin: do you know what the figures are for Nottingham by any chance?

Nottingham had 1646 applications, with 967 offers, doesn't say how many firmed. :smile:
Original post by NR_898
That's awesome! when did you apply??

Around Mid October
Hi,
I got a similar LNAT score and the same grades and I got a conditional for Glasgow
Original post by Flk10
Nottingham had 1646 applications, with 967 offers, doesn't say how many firmed. :smile:

Wow that's a lot of offers! Would you mind providing the link to where this information is as i would like to see it for quite a few universities, if it's not too much trouble?:colondollar: Really appreciate your help
Wow that's a lot of offers! Would you mind providing the link to where this information is as i would like to see it for quite a few universities, if it's not too much trouble?:colondollar: Really appreciate your help

No problem haha :smile:
The Edinburgh figures are from the Edinburgh website, which has figures from the last few years http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitment/admissions-advice/admissions-statistics

The Nottingham figures are from whatuni, which has pretty much every uni http://www.whatuni.com/
Original post by Flk10
No problem haha :smile:
The Edinburgh figures are from the Edinburgh website, which has figures from the last few years http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-recruitment/admissions-advice/admissions-statistics

The Nottingham figures are from whatuni, which has pretty much every uni http://www.whatuni.com/

Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I must say I am slightly alarmed as to how many offers unis give out for law. But I suppose the hard part is actually getting the grades rather than the offer
Thank you so much I really appreciate it! I must say I am slightly alarmed as to how many offers unis give out for law. But I suppose the hard part is actually getting the grades rather than the offer

Yeah, I'd imagine they'd expect a lot of applicants to choose somewhere else or fail to meet the offer, but it slightly worrying for future employment prospects haha.

The variation in the number of offers each uni gives out is also interesting- Nottingham gives out a lot more offers than Edinburgh, despite having a similar number of applicants.
Original post by Flk10

The variation in the number of offers each uni gives out is also interesting- Nottingham gives out a lot more offers than Edinburgh, despite having a similar number of applicants.

Its probably because most Scottish applicants prefer to stay close to home and that is reflected in Edinburgh's higher 'offer to Firm' rate.

Latest

Trending

Trending