The Student Room Group

Turkey threatens to unleash all migrants on Europe

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheArtofProtest
Assad was the one that released the violent radicals from his jails.

He released them to try to meet the demands of the Syrian opposition

Which news title would you like me to run:

'Assad tried to negotiate peacefully with opposition'

or

'Arab spring activists demand released of Jihadi terrorists'
Original post by hazzer1998
Yes but border and background checks aren't being done .... If a migrants was deemed 100% safe and they respect the culture and laws of Europe and not all of them try to enter Europe at once then i think a solution to this crisis can be found ,.. until then its virtually impossible

My opinion is Assad must go and then we can rebuild Syria so they can go home

I agree but lack of background checks is our own fault and because we are leaving it to Greece. I wrote a whole blog post on what I see as the only solution to stop this sh*t blowing up in our faces. If you'd care to read it I would rather not repeat myself on here as it appears a lot of the idiots will brand me a terrorist sympathiser because like Cameron, that's all they have in their bag of cheap and ignorant retorts.
Original post by Ethereal World
I'm talking about the average Syrian person displaced by this war. I have spoken to several.

Well I guess that makes you an expert them :facepalm2:
Original post by 雷尼克
The Paris attacks were done by a French / Belgian nationals, and one or two Syrians, all inspired by ISIS.
The 'rapes of women' were exaggerated by the conservative media, more rapes occur daily by people of the dominant ethnicity.
The 'beating' of innocent Europeans is as above, the media exaggerating.
The murder of people helping them, is also as above, the media exaggerating.

You're fuel for this crisis. Putin wants to destabilise the EU, and people with your hatred are allowing him to succeed.

Seconded. But don't waste your time on these people. Because they can't see beyond what is presented to them by the media and what is reinforced by their puppeteer politicians.
Original post by Snickers Please
Well I guess that makes you an expert them :facepalm2:

It doesn't make me an expert. But it sure helps to understand what these people are going through and the real victims of all this stuff. It sure makes you realise that your ignorance is destructive.
It doesn't make me an expert. But it sure helps to understand what these people are going through and the real victims of all this stuff. It sure makes you realise that your ignorance is destructive.

Me ignorant?

:facepalm2:

Their views are obviously a product of their background, they might oppose Assad due to their own anti-Alawite prejudices or Sunni extremism.
People on here seem so confused.

Basically what everyone is saying is that they are passive supporters of Putin and Assad where the former wants to end Europe and thus our entire civilisation is at risk.

But yeah focus on the short term naive idea to close borders to refugees. That's definitely the real problem. :lolwut:
Seconded. But don't waste your time on these people. Because they can't see beyond what is presented to them by the media and what is reinforced by their puppeteer politicians.

It's the Western media which has done all it can to present Assad as the bad guy and the Free Sala...Syrian Army as the pro-democracy liberals.

Behold true hero of Syria

destroyer of Islamic State and saviour of the people
Original post by Foo.mp3
Time to get heavy, ****'s ridiculous now

Violence is not the solution
Reply 50
Original post by Mentally
Not sure if trying to troll and failing miserably or
Being dead serious

Turkey wants EU membership but in the same breath states it is fully prepared to destabilize the EU by unleashing millions of immigrants? Damn right I'd tear up their membership application. Damn right I'd impose sanctions.
You can't solve this by not letting refugees in and letting the middle east burn to the ground and it is naive to assume that that is even a realistic option. It's a complex situation, it needs global support and a strategy.

But you can.

And the global strategy should be build a big wall and wait for the fires to burn themselves out.

Then when they are truly desperate perhaps they may change their minds and think slaughtering each other may not actually be such a good idea (it took us 2 world wars to work this out but I'm sure they could learn this a bit quicker)
Reply 52
Original post by queen-bee
Violence is not the solution

Well, maybe it is actually.
Original post by Howard
Turkey wants EU membership but in the same breath states it is fully prepared to destabilize the EU by unleashing millions of immigrants? Damn right I'd tear up their membership application. Damn right I'd impose sanctions.

Have to agree
Original post by Howard
Well, maybe it is actually.

No it really isn't. It's just going to keep dividing people based on culture
Original post by BaconandSauce
But you can.

And the global strategy should be build a big wall and wait for the fires to burn themselves out.

Then when they are truly desperate perhaps they may change their minds and think slaughtering each other may not actually be such a good idea (it took us 2 world wars to work this out but I'm sure they could learn this a bit quicker)

:facepalm:

Why don't you move to America and vote Trump in?

Your ideology and way of thinking is a subset of extremism.
Original post by queen-bee
No it really isn't. It's just going to keep dividing people based on culture

I remember you writing a post on Assad. About how we all think he is fine but he really isn't and what he has done to destabilise Syria. There are people on here saying that the Arab Spring is the problem. Please provide insight.
(edited 8 years ago)
I remember you writing a post on Assad. About how we all think he is fine but he really isn't and what he has done to stabilise Syria. There are people on here saying that the Arab Spring is the problem. Please provide insight.

Check out the thread about assad.I've clearly outlined my opinions,too tired to write out long paragraphs on the topic. He is a mass murderer himself. The Arab Spring hasn't brought any hope to the Middle East tbh,especially not to Syria.
(edited 8 years ago)
:facepalm:

Why don't you move to America and vote Trump in?

Your ideology and way of thinking is a subset of extremism.

And there you go I disagree with you so this is your reply

I'm an extremist for thinking they should sort this out for themselves I suppose that's OK but I won't be crucifying people over it any time soon.

But word of advice if you shout people down as you do then you have no one to blame but yourself when people do turn to idiots like Trump.

I've said all along it's your kind of attitude that is doing wonders for the far right in Europe.
Please could you not use inflammatory language and loaded terms like 'unleash'.
These are very ordinary human beings - not a pack of wild animals

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending