The Student Room Group

Eligibility Student Finance

Hello
I am an undergraduate trying to apply for student finance and I have some troubles regarding the eligibility. My mom and I are from Europe and my dad is not from Europe which made it so that the migrant worker from my family is my mom. My mom is unemployed so when the SFE asks for my parents financial situation it gets complicated and I have been labelled ineligible because of this. Is there any way I can fix this?
Original post by Zaphir
Hello
I am an undergraduate trying to apply for student finance and I have some troubles regarding the eligibility. My mom and I are from Europe and my dad is not from Europe which made it so that the migrant worker from my family is my mom. My mom is unemployed so when the SFE asks for my parents financial situation it gets complicated and I have been labelled ineligible because of this. Is there any way I can fix this?

Hi Zaphir,

If you are applying or the Maintenance Loan and have pre settled status, the EU parent or yourself as an EU national, would need to be working in the UK for you to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan. Otherwise, you would only be eligible for apply for EU funding for the Tuition Fee Loan only.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Zaphir,

If you are applying or the Maintenance Loan and have pre settled status, the EU parent or yourself as an EU national, would need to be working in the UK for you to be eligible for the Maintenance Loan. Otherwise, you would only be eligible for apply for EU funding for the Tuition Fee Loan only.

Thanks, Clare

Hello Clare,

Thank you for your reply and clarifying this situation for me. So that means if I provide the SFE evidence of me having a part-time job would make me eligible right? If that is the case am I supposed to change my details on my SFE account or just upload all the documents and evidence of my part-time job?

Kind regards, Zaphir
Original post by Zaphir
Hello Clare,

Thank you for your reply and clarifying this situation for me. So that means if I provide the SFE evidence of me having a part-time job would make me eligible right? If that is the case am I supposed to change my details on my SFE account or just upload all the documents and evidence of my part-time job?

Kind regards, Zaphir

Hi Zaphir, If you are going to now apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to send in the paper application form with evidence of your employment including work contract including Employment start date
Contracted hours per week
Contracts must be signed by the employer or employee
And Last 3 months payslips or P60

Thanks, Angela
Reply 4
Original post by Angela SFE
Hi Zaphir, If you are going to now apply as a Migrant Worker you would need to send in the paper application form with evidence of your employment including work contract including Employment start date
Contracted hours per week
Contracts must be signed by the employer or employee
And Last 3 months payslips or P60

Thanks, Angela

Hello Angela, Thank you for your reply. Where can I find the paper application form? or what is it called so that I can search it up?

Kind regards, Zaphir
Original post by Zaphir
Hello Angela, Thank you for your reply. Where can I find the paper application form? or what is it called so that I can search it up?

Kind regards, Zaphir

Hi Zaphir, The form is the PN1 form and can be located here - https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-forms/y/studying-full-time-in-england-and-qualify-for-support-with-tuition-fees-and-living-costs/apply-for-student-loans-and-grants/2023-to-2024/no Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending