The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan on pre settled status

Hi,
I am from Austria (Europe) and by the time I would begin University I have lived and worked in the UK for roughly 4 years and I will beat least 28 years old. Therefore I will still have my pre settled status.
How would that work with receiving the maintenance loan as a migrant worker? I am currently employed full time but was planning on switching to part time one month before starting University. When would I have to apply and when would I know if I receive the maintenance loan? Also does it impact my chances of getting the loan if I live with a working partner?

Furthermore, once I receive the settled status can I apply for the maintenance loan in between the University year or do I have to wait for the next year?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Kind Regards
Eva
Original post by esime
Hi,
I am from Austria (Europe) and by the time I would begin University I have lived and worked in the UK for roughly 4 years and I will beat least 28 years old. Therefore I will still have my pre settled status.
How would that work with receiving the maintenance loan as a migrant worker? I am currently employed full time but was planning on switching to part time one month before starting University. When would I have to apply and when would I know if I receive the maintenance loan? Also does it impact my chances of getting the loan if I live with a working partner?

Furthermore, once I receive the settled status can I apply for the maintenance loan in between the University year or do I have to wait for the next year?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Kind Regards
Eva

Hi Esime,

As soon as you receive your settled status you can submit your share code and Home Office letter confirming this via your online account. Regarding your hours at work, as long as the amount of hours working shows you're working at a sufficient level to support yourself then this should be fine. Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Hi, thanks for replying!
Just for clarity: this means I would be able to apply for the maintenance loan in the middle of the university term?
Original post by esime
Hi, thanks for replying!
Just for clarity: this means I would be able to apply for the maintenance loan in the middle of the university term?

Hi Esime,

If you have pre settled status now and are working and will continue to work during your studies you can apply as a Migrant Worker to receive the Maintenance Loan. Then once you have settled status you can send our share code and home office letter to confirm this.

Thanks,
Claire

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending