The Student Room Group

What's the dumbest, most outrageous, most absurd thing your lab partner has done?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matrix123
I'm a bit more mortified to be honest with you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why mortified?
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Why mortified?

Chloroform can have some very serious effects

Posted from TSR Mobile
My lab partner was sexting his gf while pouring hydrochloric acid with potassium. He over poured it and the whole beaker went into flames.
Original post by Matrix123
Chloroform can have some very serious effects

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes but the idea of someone getting knocked out by themselves is quite hilarious. :colone:
Original post by F.Nietzsche
Yes but the idea of someone getting knocked out by themselves is quite hilarious. :colone:

Haha yes, I do see your point :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
My lab partner was sexting his gf while pouring hydrochloric acid with potassium. He over poured it and the whole beaker went into flames.

Wow...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Steal everyone else's stuff because they wanted to do the reaction again due to how cool it looked.

Oh wait... that was me :teehee:
Reply 27
When I was at school we used to take a Bunsen burner and heat up a tripod's legs until glowing red. Then wait for some unsuspecting fool to pick it up.

And when dissecting rats we used to intentionally puncture the bladder. Doesn't half cause a stink!
I miss A level chemistry days
Usual things.

Setting things on fire. Dropping chemicals on me.
Honestly, it was probably to choose me as his partner consistently. I was the dangerous lab partner by a long shot, although we had a lot of fun.

We would mix random substances together, which had resulted in cracking test tubes from endothermic and exothermic reactions somehow.
I've accidently lit a gas tap on fire before.
I've smashed test tubes physically by being clumsy, who hasn't though?
He's spilled acid down my back. (Thankfully diluted)
We frequently took much larger quantities than suggested if it would give a cool reaction.

They probably weren't the best ideas looking back at it. Thankfully nobody was hurt and we had a laugh though, so that's always decent.
Reply 31
I am the stupid lab partner. I have managed to:

Use to much magnesium in an experiment and cause temporary blindness for people for 5 minutes
Knocked a Bunsen burner on a lab table with petroleum jelly on
splashed lead iodide onto someone's results table and spilt it into their bag
Original post by The Diplomat.
bruh your chem teacher must hate you

I think my lab partner hates me more. :bricks:

Spoiler

Original post by Kalail
I am the stupid lab partner. I have managed to:

Use to much magnesium in an experiment and cause temporary blindness for people for 5 minutes
Knocked a Bunsen burner on a lab table with petroleum jelly on
splashed lead iodide onto someone's results table and spilt it into their bag

My lost twin?! :hugs:
Reply 34
We was doing a titration, as this girl (who was my lab partner) decided she would be the camerawoman. She leaned over to get a good shot, and knocked over a measuring cylinder. It smashed.

The same girl, this time an experiment involving the fermentation of yeast. She dropped the most important piece of equipment. There was none left (since it smashed). We had to join up with another group (a group of three, so it made a group of five).

We was doing a controlled assessment, and the two other people on my table (both boys) started throwing beetroot at each other. I joined in. The teacher was watching, but still gave us 100% (!!!!!)
This was a teacher creating this bromide gas kind of had to evacuate the class room because it escaped the gas chamber.
Reply 36
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
My lost twin?! :hugs:

I found you :hugs:
Not partnered work, but during the good ol' GCSE days I managed to break a burette whislt during a titration so that the burette was STILL in the pump.... whoops.
farted holding a bunsen burner near his arse to make a fart flame
Instructor: Make sure the burner is off before you clean the table with ethanol.
Partner proceeds to spray ethanol into the burner and make a small fireball.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending