The Student Room Group

Out in the world

The more I speak to people, the more alien I feel.

I suppose that goes for online too...
When you have Rick and Morty, you don't need real people.
Original post by callum_law
When you have Rick and Morty, you don't need real people.

I wish it were true.
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I wish it were true.

You can't be defeated. If you want to meet people, there are many out there who share your interests. You just have to find them. If you don't want to meet people and want to be a one-man wolfpack, then claim that and don't let social expectations deter you.
Reply 4
You're not the only one. I keep being disappointed by people.
Original post by callum_law
You can't be defeated. If you want to meet people, there are many out there who share your interests. You just have to find them. If you don't want to meet people and want to be a one-man wolfpack, then claim that and don't let social expectations deter you.

You're right of course, I can't have it both ways. People of a similar wavelength don't just magically collide into each others lives, it takes a lot of tedious searching.

one man wolf-pack lol
Original post by Conkerr
You're not the only one. I keep being disappointed by people.

Tell me about it, that's what is so frustrating.
You're right of course, I can't have it both ways. People of a similar wavelength don't just magically collide into each others lives, it takes a lot of tedious searching.

one man wolf-pack lol

Have faith, my young padawan.
Reply 8
Tell me about it, that's what is so frustrating.

Yeah. It is what it is. That's why you have to think about you and only you. Don't get too invested in people. Easier said than done though I know :frown:
Original post by Conkerr
Yeah. It is what it is. That's why you have to think about you and only you. Don't get too invested in people. Easier said than done though I know :frown:

I see no point in such an existence any more. :sad:
Reply 10
I see no point in such an existence any more. :sad:

What's wrong? Heartbroken? :frown:
Original post by Conkerr
What's wrong? Heartbroken? :frown:

Disillusioned. :redface:
Reply 12
Exactly the same. My opinions on a lot of things are quite unorthodox for a start but i'm not changing them. I do quite isolated hobbies and although sometimes people say i'm a little charming (in a completely untrustworthy way mind you) I don't get that buzz anymore when talking to people, I have absolutely no interest even when I should, even my close friends bore me to be honest. I do like a bit of playful banter but building long term relationships based on differences unfortunately does not work.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by whorace
Exactly the same. My opinions on a lot of things are quite unorthodox for a start but i'm not changing them. I do quite isolated hobbies and although sometimes people say i'm a little charming (in a completely untrustworthy way mind you) I don't get that buzz anymore when talking to people, I have absolutely no interest even when I should, even my close friends bore me to be honest. I do like a bit of playful banter but building long term relationships based on differences unfortunately does not work.

Totally agree m8

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending