The Student Room Group

Rate my lyrics :) everything is appreciated.

In a world that feels so gray, where the clouds won't fade away, you're trapped in a cycle of despair, a never-ending state of disrepair.
Every day feels like a heavy weight, as you struggle to escape this fate.
But, remember my friend, I know it's true, I've felt the same, just like you.
You feel like it's a bad day every day, can't break away, can't find your way.
Never seeming to be able to go out and play, trapped in dismay, I know how you feel.
The sun hides behind a veil of gloom, your heart sinks deeper, consumed by the room.
Dark thoughts echo through your mind, leaving traces of sadness behind.
But, hold on tight, there's hope to be found, a silver lining waiting to astound.
Though the storm may seem never to end, believe me, my friend, it's just around the bend.
Never seeming to be able to go out and play, trapped in dismay, I know how you feel.
In the depths of despair, remember this, you're not alone, you're not remiss.
Reach out to those who lend a helping hand, together, you'll find the strength to withstand.
And when the clouds begin to fade, a new dawn will emerge unswayed.
You'll rise above the shadows of the night, embracing a world that's shining bright.
So, don't lose hope, my dear friend, this dark chapter will come to an end.
You'll find your way, you'll break away, and once again, you'll go out and play.
Together we'll conquer the storms we face, embracing the moment, embracing the grace.
Know that I'm here, always by your side, through the ups and downs, together we'll ride.
Reply 1
what kind of music genre is this supposed to be for?
Reply 2
Difficult to judge as a written piece as you keep changing how the lines scan, eg

In a world that feels so gray,
where the clouds won't fade away

The sun hides behind a veil of gloom,
your heart sinks deeper, consumed by the room.

Also 'remiss' means negligent or careless in your duties, so not the right word in this context.
Original post by KODA :)
In a world that feels so gray, where the clouds won't fade away, you're trapped in a cycle of despair, a never-ending state of disrepair.
Every day feels like a heavy weight, as you struggle to escape this fate.
But, remember my friend, I know it's true, I've felt the same, just like you.
The sun hides behind a veil of gloom, your heart sinks deeper, consumed by the room.
Dark thoughts echo through your mind, leaving traces of sadness behind.
But, hold on tight, there's hope to be found, a silver lining waiting to astound.
Though the storm may seem never to end, believe me, my friend, it's just around the bend.
In the depths of despair, remember this, you're not alone, you're not remiss.
Reach out to those who lend a helping hand, together, you'll find the strength to withstand.
And when the clouds begin to fade, a new dawn will emerge unswayed.
You'll rise above the shadows of the night, embracing a world that's shining bright.
So, don't lose hope, my dear friend, this dark chapter will come to an end.
You'll find your way, you'll break away, and once again, you'll go out and play.
Together we'll conquer the storms we face, embracing the moment, embracing the grace.
Know that I'm here, always by your side, through the ups and downs, together we'll ride.

It sounds very heartfelt and personal which is always a positive aspect of lyrics in my opinion.

Rachel- YSJ student rep

Quick Reply

Latest