The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by micro-sloth
Honestly I can't remember which one I applied to. Left it until last minute so I'm just glad to receive an offer. Anyway congratulations!

:'D I put down hatfield but didn't do much prior research. I think we get a letter or email from our allocated college within a couple of weeks?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Lem0ns
Got an unconditional offer for Psychology! Though I already have my results :smile: Applied for Trevelyan but probably won't hear allocation till after March. Anyone else for psychology or trevs?

I'm Philosophy and Psychology :smile: congrats on the offer!
Reply 1762
Original post by jennifer_susan97
I'm Philosophy and Psychology :smile: congrats on the offer!

Has anyone applied for just Politics? I applied in November and haven't heard back still :frown: just wondering if anyone has got an offer from this department :smile:
Reply 1764
I applied for history on the 21st of October. I know Durham are notoriously late but is anyone else in the same position?
Original post by SMer
I applied for history on the 21st of October. I know Durham are notoriously late but is anyone else in the same position?

Yep, same here, I applied on the Oxbridge deadline and still haven't heard from them, save from the christmas "we're not done picking people yet" email ^^
Reply 1766
Original post by mazzaion
Yep, same here, I applied on the Oxbridge deadline and still haven't heard from them, save from the christmas "we're not done picking people yet" email ^^

Same, that email scared me a bit, it's been such a long wait! Let me know if you hear anything!
anybody here got an offer for BSc Finance?
Original post by Crozzer24
Got rejected by Durham for economics but being considered for bsc finance at queens campus! Anyone else applied for this course?

yh i got an unconditional - having it as my back up
Original post by sophie1998
Has anyone applied for just Politics? I applied in November and haven't heard back still :frown: just wondering if anyone has got an offer from this department :smile:

I got an offer for International Relations a week and a half ago, which is similar, but I know other people who are waiting for the Government dept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone heard back from Durham for Geography BA?
Original post by tazza ma razza
yh i got an unconditional - having it as my back up

Think Im gonna put it as my insurance or reject it, don't know much about the course and wasn't keen on queens campus when I visited
Original post by Crozzer24
Think Im gonna put it as my insurance or reject it, don't know much about the course and wasn't keen on queens campus when I visited

i haven't seen it ahaha the course is really good, my friend goes there and he has spring weeks from Lazard, HSBC BNPP and Nomura. If you have an interest in the use of economics its great! Also, majority of the course is about 3/4 to 7/8 of CFA 1.
I've been allocated to the University (Castle) college. This makes it even more difficult to make a decision, Durham or LSE?? :frown:.
Anyone been allocated Collingwood and are you gonna go to the residential days? Also anyone doing Philos and psychology? X
Original post by jennifer_susan97
I got an offer for Philosophy and Psychology (AAA) 😄
That helps relieve the pain of being rejected from Oxford slightly

Got the same! Which college?
When everyone is being allocated colleges and you're just sitting there like "yep, still waiting for a decision"
Original post by SMer

yes im in this position! so frustrating
Original post by PunkyCupcake
I got an offer for International Relations a week and a half ago, which is similar, but I know other people who are waiting for the Government dept :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah okay :smile: is Durham your first choice?
I applied for Butler and have been allocated to St Mary's which I personally didn't like at all, so much so that I don't think I will consider Durham any more... hopefully there is some way of changing.

Quick Reply

Latest