The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kholland
Hi there, I'll PM you about this - I don't want to clog up the thread with, perhaps, irrelevant information!

Hi could you PM me on how you do it as well please?:smile:
I've lost all my motivation in the last couple of days and this has led me to doing nothing whatsoever. How can I get back on track? There's nothing to distract me. Recently, I've tried to revise but nothing is going in!
My revision timetable isn't going to good right now so I am just going to jump in with the 3:00 session. Logging out now :tongue:
3.15pm to 4.45pm - revision on computer science. Hopefully enough on compilers /translators, lexical /syntax analysis and optimisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
YOU ARE BRILLIANT!!! :woo:

Oh, why thank you :h:
Time to do a chem past paper!
I really can't study, I always have to do something else. What's wrong with me ?!

I've thought about maybe trying that modifinil drug that should help me stay focused on one thing. What do you think?
Original post by Anon_98
Yay + I'll probably scream your name on this thread at around 6:45 if I don't see you. :lol: Wondering whether anyone else will be joining us..hmm..

I don't know. Tomorrow will probably be a struggle. :cry2: There is a chance that I might be completely well-rested though :awesome: ...yes, lets be optimistic for now. ^-^

I'm properly going now though, have a good night!

Ofc, you can!

So what about our C3 and S2 session?:u:
Yeah, when we gonna do C3?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well... :/

It's 15:40 and I've almost finished that CAPs research. It took me like an hour to actually figure out what we were actually supposed to do.

And yes, the mother whisked me away for some pasta. And I had some silly little breaks, where I hunted for a ruler, which turned to hunting for some ice cream. And so I've still got the risk assessment to do. Ugh. It shouldn't take too long though.

And then, I'll start trying to figure out how I'm supposed to go about my Physics CAPs. (WHY ARE THERE SO MANY CAPS?! WHYYYYYY)

But maybe after a stupidly stupid break :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 770
Hey guyssss, how's it going? Ever so sorry I'm late for our C3 group revision!!!

So, even though I missed the TSR sessions, I had my tuition this morning for almost 2hrs which kinda makes up for it. Also had to go shopping and spend a bit of time with my mum, by force! She's pretty much been telling me off all day for apparently revising too much. Infact, she literally forbade me from entering my bedroom before 4:00pm which was hilariously annoying-that's the reason I couldn't come on at 3..ish despite the fact I got back home earlier than expected. >.> It was nice breathing some outside air after simply staying indoors for a couple days though and all v much overdue tbh. I've already had my lunch, also had a 30 minute power nap bc I was feeling tired... so I think I should be more than ready to begin revising in the next session.. - However, really quite upset that I certainly know I won't get my minimum stuff I had planned for today's schedule done as a result of all the above.. which is making me feel rather unmotivated.
Original post by Anon_98
Hey guyssss, how's it going? Ever so sorry I'm late for our C3 group revision!!!

So, even though I missed the TSR sessions, I had my tuition this morning for almost 2hrs which kinda makes up for it. Also had to go shopping and spend a bit of time with my mum, by force! She's pretty much been telling me off all day for apparently revising too much. Infact, she literally forbade me from entering my bedroom before 4:00pm which was hilariously annoying-that's the reason I couldn't come on at 3..ish despite the fact I got back home earlier than expected. >.> It was nice breathing some outside air after simply staying indoors for a couple days though and all v much overdue tbh. I've already had my lunch, also had a 30 minute power nap bc I was feeling tired... so I think I should be more than ready to begin revising in the next session.. - However, really quite upset that I certainly know I won't get my minimum stuff I had planned for today's schedule done as a result of all the above.. which is making me feel rather unmotivated.

No worries ! Happy that you relaxed ,we all need this and I kinda agree with your Mum and my Mum is the same ,so don't worry. Oh tuition,lucky you ! You still did something,I won't even complete 1/3 of what I've planned for today ehh ;/
Finally getting round to completing this monster of a coursework piece. YouTube motivational videos sure do help!
Original post by Anon_98

I think your mum did a good thing- its not good to revise too much- yesterday i took the whole day off and most of today too:h:
Reply 774
Original post by Carolinec1206
No worries ! Happy that you relaxed ,we all need this and I kinda agree with your Mum and my Mum is the same ,so don't worry. Oh tuition,lucky you ! You still did something,I won't even complete 1/3 of what I've planned for today ehh ;/

Parents, eh? :rolleyes: So, ughh I need to get myself back in 'the zone'- how does 6:00pm sound for the maths stuff? I'll try and do some small revision every hour/so just so I am productive, even if it is only a little tiny bit. I hate having my plans messed up, feel like crying lol. :cry:No, I'm sure you will! - I'll be right here supporting you just as soon as I return on track myself.
+ thank you. :hugs:
Original post by Anon_98
Parents, eh? :rolleyes: So, ughh I need to get myself back in 'the zone'- how does 6:00pm sound for the maths stuff? I'll try and do some small revision every hour/so just so I am productive, even if it is only a little tiny bit. I hate having my plans messed up, feel like crying lol. :cry:No, I'm sure you will! - I'll be right here supporting you just as soon as I return on track myself.
+ thank you. :hugs:

Yeah ,Parents. Alright, I'll be here at 6 then. I know,same thing. Aww thank you,I'll stick with you here until you go sleep :P :jumphug:
Reply 776
Original post by jstylesxx
I think your mum did a good thing- its not good to revise too much- yesterday i took the whole day off and most of today too:h:

Ah, thank you for the reassurance. - you're probably rightt. :redface: Well, okay - I won't do anything until this evening then. :hugs:
Logged back on :smile:

I actually got a lot done in that session. I did about 2 pomodoros and I was able to do my Geography homework, read and highlight my Biology Unit 2 Chapter 5 notes, read my History exercise book and highlight that too and also make flashcards for History.20160220_163314.jpg

I am going to have a long break now because I usually have dinner in the next hour anyways so my revision would get interupted. I will join in for the 7:00 session. See you guys then!
could some summarise the steps needed for translation please
Ok 5pm sesh(?)

B5 and C5 Science Ocr revision to start past paper at 6pm hopefully

Latest

Trending

Trending