The Student Room Group

Finish A levels at home?

I have around 45 college days left until exam leave. I'm suffering from depression and anxiety, which was brought on by college and a-levels. Maybe I sound silly but is there any way I can study and finish my a-levels at home rather than at college? Or do you think that if I leave now I would basically be 'dropping out'.

I know I should really just stick at it, not long to go now. Just wondering if there was the slightest chance it were possible.
Reply 1
it wouldn't be 'droppping out' at all if you still take the exams! Personally, I'd find it difficult to stay motivated at home and I don't think any amount of revision guides etc can compare to actually being taught face to face. I think it would be good if you managed to get a tutor though. As long as you have the motivation to study while at home and make sure you have a schedule I don't see the harm. Make sure you get in contact with your college to set up a meeting with someone and ensure you can still sit the exam if you aren't officially attending lessons. With 45 days left I don't see why there would be a problem. Don't worry if people think you're 'dropping out' - It's your education, not theirs. Your health is most important.
Original post by timeflies01
I have around 45 college days left until exam leave. I'm suffering from depression and anxiety, which was brought on by college and a-levels. Maybe I sound silly but is there any way I can study and finish my a-levels at home rather than at college? Or do you think that if I leave now I would basically be 'dropping out'.

I know I should really just stick at it, not long to go now. Just wondering if there was the slightest chance it were possible.

Hang in there!!! You're almost there, if you can't face going into college everyday then mention it to your tutor/teacher that you would rather revise from home!!

Quick Reply

Latest