The Student Room Group

University course fee

Hello,I have a query. We have been living here the UK for the past 1 year. My daughter finished her GCSE here. She is now into her A level this year. And will join Uni in 2025. Unfortunately, we won't get ILR by then. It will take about 4.6 years for us to get the ILR from now. My daughter has got her dependent visa.Now, my query is, Will there be any chance for her to be considered as Home student for fee calculation, considering the fact that she finished her GCSE and A level in the UK? Would any university consider her case?. Also, will she be eligible for student loan? Thank you.
Hi stij,

Firstly, you will need to speak to the universities to see what kind of fees they will charge your daughter and whether they will class her as a Home student.

In regards to eligibility for student finance, can you confirm your daughter's nationality?

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 2
Hi Calum,.
Thank you for the reply. Sure. I'll sepak to them. But has anyone come across the same situation as my daughter? This would help us to some extent. Our nationaity is India. Thanks.
Hi stij,

If your daughter is a Rest of the World national (Indian) she would usually need to have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK to be eligible for student finance. The other route would be to apply under long residency if she has lived in the UK for at least half her life or 20 years (whatever is less) but if you have only lived in the UK for 1 year she wouldn't meet this criteria either.

Based on what you have told me your daughter would not be eligible for student finance funding currently.

Thanks,
Calum
Reply 4
Original post by Calum SLC
Hi stij,

If your daughter is a Rest of the World national (Indian) she would usually need to have Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK to be eligible for student finance. The other route would be to apply under long residency if she has lived in the UK for at least half her life or 20 years (whatever is less) but if you have only lived in the UK for 1 year she wouldn't meet this criteria either.

Based on what you have told me your daughter would not be eligible for student finance funding currently.

Thanks,
Calum

Thanks Calum. It is now clear with finance part. I'll connect with the universities to find out if they can consider her as a Home student.
Original post by stij
Thanks Calum. It is now clear with finance part. I'll connect with the universities to find out if they can consider her as a Home student.

You are more than welcome, please don't hesitate to contact us if you need any further help. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending