The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4180
we have no home form this season what so ever. We're getting peppered 10-1 on aggregate.
Original post by SA-1
Absolutely - if we play our cards 100% right, and get really lucky too, I think we may have a chance.

We can, if we want, beat anyone at home - we've shown it in the past. If we don't concede at home, and go to Nou Camp with a 2-0.. we would need to play extremely defensively, and have Theo, Alexis and Welbz countering.

Essentially need to do what Chelsea did a few years ago..

That said, I think we'll win/draw at home and get absolutely ****ed at the Camp Nou :lol:

Cech
Bellerin Merta Kosc Monreal
Coq Elneny
Welbz Ozil Alexis
Theo

Should be how we line up..

Posted from TSR Mobile

When was the last time you scored at home vs Chelsea?
Original post by jam277
When was the last time you scored at home vs Chelsea?

12/13 lmao but what's that got to do with it?
Original post by AliRizzo
12/13 lmao but what's that got to do with it?

He said Arsenal can beat any team at home but I'm pretty sure Arsenal have won two game vs Chelsea in their entire history at the emirates.

I'm just nitpicking tbh. best of luck vs Barcelona. They're having a really interesting season. En route to 100 points despite having an unspectacular start to the season.
Forget about Barcelona they are on a different level to Arsenal. All this talk about beating Barca we've heard it all before it's all a load of nonsense we can't win the CL anybody can see that
Original post by al_94
Forget about Barcelona they are on a different level to Arsenal. All this talk about beating Barca we've heard it all before it's all a load of nonsense we can't win the CL anybody can see that

We can certainly beat them at home but we won't get a sniff at the Nou Camp. I don't think any Arsenal fan believes we'll advance to the next round.
Original post by al_94

tbf what do arsenal fans think the end game is in beating Barca over two legs?

If we beat them, we're only going to draw Madrid or Bayern next.

Can we beat Barca? Yes, there is an outsider's possibility.

Can we beat beat Barca, then Madrid, then Bayern? No.

So what's the end game in beating Barca.

A team like United under SAF, you could always see a possibility of them pulling off an upset and going all the way but we just dont have the mentality.

It's like that speech in The Office when Kevin says just focus on the Choc chip cookie, and remove the Oatmeal cookie.
Original post by jam277
He said Arsenal can beat any team at home but I'm pretty sure Arsenal have won two game vs Chelsea in their entire history at the emirates.

I'm just nitpicking tbh. best of luck vs Barcelona. They're having a really interesting season. En route to 100 points despite having an unspectacular start to the season.

Chelsea is our biggest bogey team, and we're usually on the end of some bad luck too.

Arsenal are weird, they can beat anyone usually when there's no expectancy of them. I like that we have no chance against Barca (unlike Monaco last season where there was extreme pressure on the players) because now we can't be disappointed.
(edited 8 years ago)
Imagine actually predicting a 2-0 Arsenal win against a fully fit side that is on the verge of being the greatest of all time.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Imagine actually predicting a 2-0 Arsenal win against a fully fit side that is on the verge of being the greatest of all time.

We did them at home in 2011
Original post by ClockEnderAFC

They were poor that day and Wilshere was on fire. Plus, like I said on the last page, they were a Guardiola side, which is not that difficult to beat if you counter.

Lol that was a completely different team

They didn't have Neymar and Suarez then.
Villa and Pedro were pretty beast at that point though. Not at the level of Suarez and Neymar though.
Any result which is better than a 1-0 loss will be seen as a victory.

No doubt a lot of people will be predicting you to lose 3-0+
Original post by Jimmy Seville
They were poor that day and Wilshere was on fire. Plus, like I said on the last page, they were a Guardiola side, which is not that difficult to beat if you counter.

Circumstances were slightly different ofc but same idea, odds were stacked heavily against us but with a heroic defensive performance, being clinical in attack and having a stupid amount of luck we might just be able to go to the Nou Camp still in the tie.
Most Arsenal fans don't watch Barca week in week out so they don't even know what they are talking about
Can you guys give the lad ClockEnderAFC a kick up the tush, he seems to love Spurs as much as I do :ta:
#rustled
#rustled

I know :emo:

Latest