The Student Room Group

What should I do?

I've been with this guy for 2 years but always had a secret crush on his best friend. I thought if something happened between me and his best friend then I would be a lot happier however something has and now I just feel guilty and I'm not sure whether I'm making the right choice. I'm stuck between whether to stay with the guy I'm currently with as he does make me happy however I could miss out on the chance of his best friend who I have liked for 2 years but what if it isn't what I expected it to be?
This is going to sound harsh but you can't have the best of both worlds and expect everyone to be fine with it, you were wrong to get involved with this other guy and need to tell your boyfriend so he can decide whether or not he still wants to be with you. As for his best friend, he may not even be looking for a relationship and frankly he's clearly a sleaze for doing that with his supposedly best friend's girlfriend
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm so confused.. Just asking (no judging) why did you go out with this guy for two years then when you liked his best friend?? It's so sad he may be deeply in love with you!😔
I think you'll just have to be honest with him and yourself. You can't be with someone who you don't like in that way.
Reply 3
if youve cheated then you should just break up with your current bf. what makes you so sure you wont do it again with his best mate
Reply 4
This happened to me many years ago. I couldn't attend a festival my gf at the time and my group of friends were going too. I later found out from another friend weeks down the line they had got together and it totally crushed me.

The positive was I started making alot more effort on my appearance and when she wanted me back months later I denied her.
Original post by Blondie987
This is going to sound harsh but you can't have the best of both worlds and expect everyone to be fine with it, you were wrong to get invooved with this other guy and need to tell your boyfriend so he can decide whether or not he still wants to be with you. As for his best friend, he may not even be looking for a relationship and frankly he's clearly a sleaze for doing that with his supposedly best friend's girlfriend

Thank you for your feedback but I have told my boyfriend I like his best friend and he wanted to just forget about it and continue how we were. Me and his best friend have just admitted feelings for each other nothing else.
Original post by haj101
I'm so confused.. Just asking (no judging) why did you go out with this guy for two years then when you liked his best friend?? It's so sad he may be deeply in love with you!😔
I think you'll just have to be honest with him and yourself. You can't be with someone who you don't like in that way.

Thank you for your answer and because I didn't know his best friend at the time but when I met him we clicked. It's as if I like them both equally
if youve cheated then you should just break up with your current bf. what makes you so sure you wont do it again with his best mate[t

Okay I understand what you're saying and I haven't cheated we've just both admitted feelings for each other, it's screwing with my head.
Original post by jcsutb
This happened to me many years ago. I couldn't attend a festival my gf at the time and my group of friends were going too. I later found out from another friend weeks down the line they had got together and it totally crushed me.

The positive was I started making alot more effort on my appearance and when she wanted me back months later I denied her.

I'll think about what you have said because I really don't want to hurt anyone. I'm sorry that happened to you.
Reply 9
Break up with your boyfriend and then go with his best friend :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by rameen1
Thank you for your feedback but I have told my boyfriend I like his best friend and he wanted to just forget about it and continue how we were. Me and his best friend have just admitted feelings for each other nothing else.

Personally I would feel very insecure if my GF told me this. He probably really likes you and is willing to accept that so he doesn't lose you.

Admittedly you cannot avoid the feelings for his best friend therefore in my opinion you should really break up with your current boyfriend. It'll be a bitter pill to swallow initially but you shouldn't lead him on. On the flip side whats saying you won't be in this position at a later date? If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure you'd feel differently... I think then you'd truly appreciate your currently boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending