The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

Southampton uni Nursing Selection day

Hey, got an email inviting me to the selection day at Southampton uni and i'm so nervous. Anyone have have any tips on doing well in the english test? Thank you! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Which course is this for?
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Children Nursing
Which date? I have the same for mental health nursing on the 19th of Feb!
Reply 4
That's cool! Mines the 9th of February
Reply 5
Original post by becca997
Hey, got an email inviting me to the selection day at Southampton uni and i'm so nervous. Anyone have have any tips on doing well in the english test? Thank you! :smile:

Hi, I went to selection day a few days ago and the only advice I can think of for the English test is to make sure you read up on the three articles they sent as this will link with the English question, but don't get too caught up on all the info on them - just take away the main points. You also don't get a lot of time, I think its 40 mins in total for English and Maths and its up to you how you use that time. Hope that helps a little. Don't worry about it though, the staff were super friendly and it was a really relaxed day.
Original post by Hanz_92
Hi, I went to selection day a few days ago and the only advice I can think of for the English test is to make sure you read up on the three articles they sent as this will link with the English question, but don't get too caught up on all the info on them - just take away the main points. You also don't get a lot of time, I think its 40 mins in total for English and Maths and its up to you how you use that time. Hope that helps a little. Don't worry about it though, the staff were super friendly and it was a really relaxed day.

I was wondering if it was a group interview or an individual one-to-one interview. Thank You!!
Original post by chxma
I was wondering if it was a group interview or an individual one-to-one interview. Thank You!!

you really need to read the info on the website that they sent you as this is clearly outlined on there. There are the maths and english tests, group discussion and face to face interview.
Original post by celyndibble
Which date? I have the same for mental health nursing on the 19th of Feb!

I've got one for Children's Nursing on the 19th
My children's nursing interview is today at 1pm!! Will let you know how it goes
Reply 10
Thank you!!!
Original post by Hanz_92
Reply 11
How did your interview go, hope it went great!!
Original post by mrsbish2014
My children's nursing interview is today at 1pm!! Will let you know how it goes
Original post by ecoliver1
I've got one for Children's Nursing on the 19th

9am? Where are you travelling from?
Reply 13
Mines at 12:30 and its in Dublin yours?
Original post by celyndibble
9am? Where are you travelling from?
Reply 14
Had my interview two weeks ago and still haven't heard back, had anyone heard back yet?
Had my interview two weeks ago and still haven't heard back, had anyone heard back yet?

Hi
I applied for Cardiac Physiology and have already been to the selection day. They write that they will make their decision within 10 WORKING days.
I spoke to them yesterday and they said they are still working through the applicants which came on the first selection day.
Very confusion and not good communication with applicants.
Good luck
Reply 16
Thank you! When did you attend the selection day?

Original post by moneymania999
Hi
I applied for Cardiac Physiology and have already been to the selection day. They write that they will make their decision within 10 WORKING days.
I spoke to them yesterday and they said they are still working through the applicants which came on the first selection day.
Good luck

Hi
Good luck
Thank you! When did you attend the selection day?

11th February what about you?
Reply 18
Mine was on the 9th

11th February what about you?
Mine was on the 9th

i called them up on Friday and they said that they should respond back this week so fingers crossed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending